Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing nursing diciplines

Options
  • 06-09-2011 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello im currently a 4th year intellectual disability nursing student and was wondering has anyone any advice on how to apply to do general once qualified as this is not possible in ireland at present:( and simply due to the fact that abroad this dicipline is sometimes not recognised and i would like to have both as i love working with people with disabilities:D but need a back up plan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Riveta

AFAIK you can do a conversion course in most Uni's in the UK? It's like 2 years in length?
    If you have a look on UCAS website it might throw you in the right direction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Most of the Scottish colleges offer conversion courses that take between 1 1/2 and 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 georginadm

thanks for the advice appreciated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Marylemon

Hi If u go to Scotland, Dundee is a dull city course is shorter in general nursing then other universities I completed course in 15 mths

Advertisement