Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting student card?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Where do I collect my student card? I forgot my ID today when I went to collect it, and want to get it tomorrow. Where would I get it from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

In the student centre AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

How do you know when the card is ready for new students? Are they always ready from x date? or is an email sent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

What do you mean by ready? They are ready to be collected now (last week in fact) and are ready to be used the moment they are issued, if that's what you mean.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

WeeBushy wrote: »
    What do you mean by ready? They are ready to be collected now (last week in fact) and are ready to be used the moment they are issued, if that's what you mean.

They will be ready if the poster has uploaded a photo online. I'm not sure if there was a date those photos had to be uploaded by to get them printed early. Otherwise I guess they go to Astra Hall.

• Advertisement

WeeBushy wrote: »
    They will be ready if the poster has uploaded a photo online. I'm not sure if there was a date those photos had to be uploaded by to get them printed early. Otherwise I guess they go to Astra Hall.
    Thanks. Yes the photo was uploaded.

It says on the ucd website that the student centre its open on saturdays , will the desk be open to pick up the card then too?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

No, the cards can be collected in the Astra Hall in The Student Centre until next Tuesday or Wednesday I think providing you have your passport, between 9.30 and 5. But not at the weekend. If you can't collect before then they'll be available in The Tierney Building

anndub wrote: »
    No, the cards can be collected in the Astra Hall in The Student Centre until next Tuesday or Wednesday I think providing you have your passport, between 9.30 and 5. But not at the weekend. If you can't collect before then they'll be available in The Tierney Building
    Thanks. Is it possible for someone else to pick up the card or must it be in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

UDP wrote: »
    Thanks. Is it possible for someone else to pick up the card or must it be in person?

No, you must do it in person afaik.

Advertisement