Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc Broadband!!! 50mb

• 06-09-2011 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey Guys can anyone in the city tell me have they been upgraded to 50 mb yet?...I was told by customer service it would happen on the 5th of sept!!.. I brought up the fact that im paying €45 per month for 30mb!!! where as people on the 25mb package are paying alot less!! done a speed test today and still getting me 30 mb!!! and yes iv re-booted the modem .reset it etc.. anyone any info? thanks very much.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Unless something has changed recently but I was informed back in June that no address in Waterford city would be capable of receiving speeds of 50mb until Jan 2012 at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 boxatricks

what type of modem do you have at the minute, is it a cisco or a scientific atlanta?.........these two modems will only allow you a maximum of 30Mb..........in order to recieve the 50 or 100Mb, you will need to have a thompson docsis 3 modem installed or sent out to you. Its white in colour, and has 2 wifi transmitters at the back!.............without this modem, there is no way you will get 50 or 100Mb.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Regardless of which modem he has, 50mb or 100mb is currently not available to customers in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Im working in sales for UPC so just to let you know that the 50mb and 100mb will be available in Waterford in January 2012.At the moment it is in areas like Dublin,Limerick and Cork.
    To upgrade from the 30mb it will be €3 extra(45) per month.
    You will be sent a thompson docsis 3 modem which is capable of taking 100mb.
    well worth the €3 extra :)
    Any questions drop me a mail :)
    Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭nialeon

Hey lads thanks very much for the reply and info...very helpful..guess a mod can close this thread now... cheers again for the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

upc dublin I'm paying 45 per month for 25mbps and i was told on the phone that it would be less if i had a l /line installed on the cable modem.I DON'T want a lline phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Wow. Less than 10 years a go Waterford's cable infrastructure was state of the art. Did NTL just not invest in it at all?

Advertisement