Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subject choice for leaving cert

• 06-09-2011 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hey guys, basically I'd like to know more about LC subjects so I pick the right ones (bit important :P) , so if anyone knows something about ag. science, chemistry, biology, physics or history for the LC, then read on!
    ya well I'm defo doin biology, physics and history, but i have to choose between either ag, sci or chemistry :confused: I know. 3 science subjects. I've been told it will very hard to do 3, but I have an interest so I'd say that would help....yes? no?
    I'm fresh from the JC and enjoyed science a lot, but never seen myself doin chemistry to be honest, but here I am between that or ag science. So which, chem or ag., is an easier exam and more interesting to learn? And is my subject choices so far good?? ( by they way, I'm planning on doing something to do with science or history in college)
    Any helpfull answers at all will do thanks ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭DaBomb

Oh i cant recommend Ag science enough seeing as your doing biology! There's is a lot of overlap between the two e.g experiments and anatomy. And as for the actual farm bit of the subject its not too bad and i didn't grow up near a farm! :pac: There is also a project which is worth 25% so that takes off a little pressure come exam time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

I didn't do ag. science so I can't really help you there. But from what I saw theres a lot of overlap with biology and the project is easy enough if you don't leave it to last minute.

I did Chem, Bio and physics for LC. Despite what everyone says I didn't find it that bad. Chem is a good subject if you're interested in it. You have to make sure you understand everything and practice the questions as much as possible. Its one of those subjects that you get out what you put in. Whereas biology you can get away with rote learning, chem requires an effort to understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 theotherguy...

is doin 3 sciences as big a workload as they say? Like I've been advised by nearly every1 not to do it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

If you enjoy them and are reasonably good at them, its not too bad. Theres less essays and stuff to write so I found it the workload less than my friends who were doing hist and geog, and had essays to write every week.But i was a bit of a nerd so it could just be me :P

Advertisement