Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CEE 7/7 Plugs

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    I've gotten some audio gear with the above plugs attached. Just pricing adapters online and they all seem fairly pricey (I need 8). Im wondering is it safe to chop the end and replace with a standard 13A fused plug? If not can anyone point me in the direction of adapters that are reasonably priced?

I think I'd rather use an adapter if possible solely for warranty reasons in case of a changed plug.
    Cheers

Comments

If you want to avoid chopping the plugs for warranty purposes, you could get one of these:

52948.jpg

Not sure how easily available they are here or online but you can chop and replace the existing plug and replace with a 13A plug. Or if its cheap enough, get this and one adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

have adaptors here for those plugs, most wholesalers will keep them.
    there about 3.30 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Also for clarification, can a shaver adapter plug be used with the schuko plugs or is it in anyway dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

5500 wrote: »
    Also for clarification, can a shaver adapter plug be used with the schuko plugs or is it in anyway dangerous?

i wouldnt think its that safe as there is no earth on a shaver adaptor.

Advertisement