Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway clubs/societies

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I have a friend moving to Galway and is looking to get involved in a few clubs or organisations that help him meet people. He is big into outdoors and keeping fit and really looking forward to setting up there so I would welcome any sugestions the people of Galway may have. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

He could try contacting Galway City Harriers or maybe joining the tennis club in Salthill (albeit a bit snobby) or contacting any of the cyclings groups in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 abbynoyce

I recommend looking in the Adventure Shop on Eglington St.'s windows, they have all the recent posters of starter sessions for different outdoor activities around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

saw a sign up in the gym today for the rowing club
    there looking for people

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Galway Sailing Club ? (www.GBSC.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hotchoc

Check out Meetup.com there's a few very interesting, active and friendly groups on there for Galway - The Galway Social Club, Multicultural Choir and Outdoor Pursuits all sound good. Even a Raw Food Group if you're that way inclined! :) Check Galway Advertiser for evening classes also, all starting soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

If they're up for learning to dive I'd recommend joining the Galway Sub Aqua Club. They're having an opening night for new members on 7th October.

Advertisement