Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had problem phoning home from UK?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I don't know if the problem is network/phone-specific or not, but mine's a Sagem MyC4-2 phone on O2.

I had no phone problems on my trips to the UK, until last time when something was stopping me ringing any Irish numbers from there (starting with the first call I tried to make in the North on the way to the UK mainland, and ending promptly on crossing the border back into the republic). I could do everything else as normal.

I'm trying to find out why, so I can stop it happening next time (which is soon). The problem prevented me from contacting O2 about it while in the UK.
    I've asked O2 about it at their website here http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Coverage-Roaming/Why-couldn-t-I-ring-home-from-the-UK/td-p/334494 , and got some responses but haven't got anywhere. So I wondered if anyone else has had this problem? That in itself could help diagnostics (a fix would be even better of course!).

That other thread has some more details, which might save having to ask me for them.
    I tried the Sagem website, but couldn't find anything relevant, or a way to ask them a question. But it seems more likely to be a network problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Just trying again on the offchance.................
    O2 have responded with exemplary speed, and pointed to an Irish phone number for them that I hadn't known before, for ringing from a landline outside the republic. But they couldn't investigate my problem while I'm in the republic.

I have noticed there's a Boards.ie Ask O2 forum, but asking there would probably mean duplicating the same conversation, and I don't think I'd have much energy left for that (especially with currently being in another conversation with O2 about something else!)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

The answer was in an old printout from Sagem that I found; latching on to O2 UK manually, instead of letting the phone find it automatically (will post step-by-step instructions if wanted). I don't know if it's just Sagem (could apply to any handset for all I know).
    Why I have to do that now when I didn't before is still a mystery (one I'll just have to live with I guess!).

Advertisement