Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUB Saturday Slayers Swagfest 4.3 - SSF4: AE Ranbats (Saturday 24th September '11)

Options
  • 06-09-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

he would come over my house and we'd be like "yeah, let's play some street fighter" and he said "and i'll bring the hd remix"

Date: Saturday 24th September '11

Location: Queen's University Belfast Student's Union, The Space (1st floor). It looks like this out the front.

Schedule:
    13:30 - Casuals
    14:30 SHARP - SSF4: AE Tournament

Entry fee: £1, all proceeds will go towards Child's Play, a charity for gamers (http://www.childsplaychari​ty.org/).

Console: XBOX360, maybe a PC setup

Tournament Format: 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap. Grand finals will be 3/5 Games, the opponent from the loser's bracket must win the first 3/5 Games to 'reset' the bracket and win a consecutive 3/5 Games to take the tournament.

Rules: If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.

Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Button checks MUST be performed before the match (this is especially important if you use an unconventional configuration or use a different stick/controller/converter​, or are playing on the same setup as someone who previously did). Once both participants are satisfied, they must go back to the character select screen to officially start their games.

Any accidental pauses/disconnects are left to the discretion of the offender's opponent. They may opt to play on with no penalty to the offender or take the round. Any accidents that are neither participant's fault will be evaluated at that moment.

It is highly recommended you take your own controller/stick/converter​ for your controller (if you intend to use a PS2/3 stick/controller). We cannot guarantee that we will have a spare for participants that turn up without one.

Current Seeds/Standings
    1st: Cobelcog (14)
    2nd: The Truth (13)
    3rd: Blag (12)
    3rd: Ian McTetly (12)
    5th: fake_roogle (11)
    6th: Newtype (7)
    7th: o GRAM o (5)
    8th: V-DecK (2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

pushed back a week to allow those from up north to attend DoC to be able to do so without conflicts if they so desire. my bad!!

oh **** it's this weekend!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Remember to get someone to bring a camera, I can't make it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not going to be able to make it to this. I thought tomorrow was pay day, but it's next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Results:

1. Cobelcog (Cammy)
    2. Ian McTetly (Balrog)
    3. Gram (Dhalsim)
    4. Newtype (Ryu)
    5. Roogle (Balrog/Sagat)
    6. Yreval (Sakura/Deejay)
    7. mr_kyle (Zangief)
    8. Vyze (Dhalsim/Juri)

I may be somewhat off regarding the exact details of which characters were used, but Roogle should be able to fill those in. As for the overall standings, I make it:

1. Cobelcog (24)
    2. Ian McTetly (20)
    3. Roogle (15)
    4. The Truth (13)
    =5. Blag, Newtype (12)
    7. Gram (11)
    8. Yreval (3)

• Advertisement

graphic bracket: http://challonge.com/qubsss43

robert is pretty much on the money, graham also played ryu and vaughan has requested the "correction" from Vyze to Question Mark Mound or QM2.

Results:

1. Cobelcog (Cammy)
    2. Ian McTetly (Balrog)
    3. o GRAM o (Dhalsim/Ryu)
    4. Newtype (Ryu)
    5. fake_roogle (Balrog/Sagat)
    6. Yreval (Sakura/Dee Jay)
    7. mr_kyle (Zangief)
    8. QM2 (Dhalsim/Juri)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

QMtwo, yo. And don't forget my PRO level Ryu in the first match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

any vids?

Advertisement