Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inchicore area?

Options
  • 06-09-2011 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Im considering renting an apartment around the Spa Road are of Inchicore, in 'The Tramyard.' Can anyone give me advice on the area, is it safe?
    I lived down the road in Kilmainham last year near enough to James Hospital, it was ok there but have heard Inchicore is a much rougher area is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Certain parts of it are, mainly around the flats but i'd say you'd be more likely to run into trouble walking down parnel street than around the road you're talking about. But it has been a few years since I've been around that specific part of inchicore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Amanda.D.D.D

Thanks,
    What about Near Francis Street, theres an apartment block there, Bertram Court I think its called?
    Does anyone know if it get rough around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Thanks,
    What about Near Francis Street, theres an apartment block there, Bertram Court I think its called?
    Does anyone know if it get rough around there?

Lived in Bertram Court, nice apartments and relatively quiet (apart from the attemped murder of a girl there a few years ago - random, btw) but my main issue, and I'll get bad feedback for this, was that my apartment was haunted. I left after 7 months of nightly goings on, that where expereinced not only by myself, but also various other people who stayed with me (esp my girlfriend who eventually refused to stay over - It's literally on the line of the old city wall, so it ws probably some old Vikings or whatever)

Other than that, Bertram Court is the perfect end of Thomas St, 3 mins walk from Dame St yet close to everything great about the Liberties.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

lived across the road from the tramyard in berry's close and no a lot of people that live in the tramyard. the apartments are nice and complex is quiet and well maintained. the area is generally quiet and nice place to live in. the obvious bad area is micheals estate which is just up the road but i've never had any trouble while walking by. ter is a couple of nice pubs in the area (croughs and dillons probably the nicest) and a lovely italian beside dillons. there's also eurospar and tesco right beside ya aswell as buses and the luas.

would recomend the area

[QUOTE=A Disgrace;74255014 was that my apartment was haunted. I left after 7 months of nightly goings on, that where expereinced not only by myself, but also various other people who stayed with me (esp my girlfriend who eventually refused to stay over - It's literally on the line of the old city wall, so it ws probably some old Vikings or whatever[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys for the replies.
    But HOLY SH*T, I'm a bit freaked out over the haunted comment there, cuz ya know, I did get a funny vibe when I was there. Hmm, decisions, decisions!

• Advertisement

....By the way, what kind of 'nightly goings on' im INTRIGUED now!:eek:

....By the way, what kind of 'nightly goings on' im INTRIGUED now!:eek:

I feel bad now for bringing it up!

But as you ask, it was noises. Sorta like a ping pong ball bouncing on the floor. Used to start at 3am, but could be random, and whenever I'd investigate, it would move from the area I heard it, to somewhere a bit away, and so on and so on.

My GF was dubious, and one night after we had a row, and she took off to the living room, the noise started happening right under her, she came running back into me, and then again, the noise happened in the bedroom. It was like it was playing with us, cos everytime I tried tracking it down, it would reappear somwhere else.. It would even stop, and as soon as I was happy it was over ad jumped into bed, it would start again.. Eventually I stopped caring about it and slept through it. but it was a bit unerving. Until I had enough.

I looked into everything. The heating (storage), the immersion (it happened when it was off) but nothing made sense.. Then, about a week before I left it went balistic. I literally spent the whole night awake trying to find the source of the noise, but couldn't.. So I left.

Also, chillingly, I had an attic, but the landlord had it parlocked so I never got a chance to go up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Apartment blocks have pumps and piping in the walls

It was probably just some banging from the pipes

Happens in my flat in the mornings when the neighbours upstairs get up and use their water in the sinks and bathroom.
    Your immersion and heat have nothing to do with it, you can't control it. It's your neighbours

Ohhhh, that is spooky! i told my boyfriend and I think that made him want to move in there even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Tramyard is a nice complex. The walls are like paper though, you can hear everything your neighbours are up to.

• Advertisement

mikemac wrote: »
    Apartment blocks have pumps and piping in the walls

It was probably just some banging from the pipes

Happens in my flat in the mornings when the neighbours upstairs get up and use their water in the sinks and bathroom.
    Your immersion and heat have nothing to do with it, you can't control it. It's your neighbours

Well, I probably was something quite innocent, but it was just the playfulness of it (as soon as you'd locate the exact spot of the noise it would happen behind you etc)

It's a decent apartment block, gated and close to everything. The lack of lift is annoying, especially if like me you're top floor and with only two apartments per floor, it can be a bit spooky. Also I'm a total wuss

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

I lived in The Tramyard for a year. Never had any problem, even coming home late at night. Didn't notice the walls being thin but maybe I had quiet neighbours?!

Advertisement