Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed with Garmin

Options
  • 07-09-2011 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just want to vent my frustration, and warn others in the market for a GPS. I got a Garmin 265w a few months ago - it wasn't the newest device in the store, but not the cheapest either - I went for a sightly wider screen in an older model. Travelling to Kilkenny recently I found that most of the M9 was not on the map. I don't know how long ago the different sections were opened but I'm sure its more than a year before I bought the device. Now I go to update the maps so I can use it abroad and find that the update will cost an extra $90 because it's not a recent model.

So if you are getting a new GPS make sure you get a recent one, or at least get one with updates included.

Advertisement