Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bath tub repair.

• 07-09-2011 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

Im stripping the tiles of the wall over the bath.

I missed a spot with the protection cover. Put a dent in the fiberglass bottom.

Its not leaking but I have a feeling it will.

Whats the best stuff out there to fix a 10cent size dent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Im stripping the tiles of the wall over the bath.

I missed a spot with the protection cover. Put a dent in the fiberglass bottom.

Its not leaking but I have a feeling it will.

Whats the best stuff out there to fix a 10cent size dent?

Fill with tec7 then stick some of those bath anti-slip dots around to disguise the repair (which will doubtlessly yellow over time if left uncovered)

I fixed a big crack in the plastic of my car rad - over 100C water under pressure - and it held fast. Tec7 is rated 90C continuous use.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

To fill the dent use this gelcoat filler http://www.marineparts.ie/paint-and-maintenance/epoxy-repair-kits/plastic-padding-gelcoat-filler.html It will take a bit of work with very fine sand paper,rubbing compound and then buffing to get it as smooth as the rest of the bath also depending on how old the bath is the white's might not match up.
    Or if you can force it into any cracks around the dent and push the dent back up from underneath and wipe off any access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AlexJohn24

Are your tub surround walls damaged by water getting in at the seam between tile and tub?

Are you trying to match thickness of your existing tile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

AlexJohn24 wrote: »
    Are your tub surround walls damaged by water getting in at the seam between tile and tub?

Are you trying to match thickness of your existing tile?

Yeah. Water made its way up the wall. Plaster came off , addesive was fine. and grout was the only thing keeping the tile there.

5 year old house. Joists shrunk dropping bath and breaking bath seal.

I fitted a new shower P shaped bath and retiled the lot last weekend.

If your going to do it, may as well do the lot.

The missis is happy. Thats the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

http://reviews.diy.com/2191-en_gb/9253589/reviews.htm

I got this bath repair kit from B&Q.
    Did roughly the same as you except I dropped the taps as I was taking them out. Left a chip on the bottom but this kit fixed it up.

No problems 5 years later , you would have to look for the repair to be able to see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement