Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaping habits / frequency?

• 07-09-2011 1:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

As I posted in the parent forum, I've been off the cigarettes for 4 weeks this Saturday, and using my eCig for the last two. And it's been great - I've barely wanted a smoke in that time, which is new for me.

But the thing is that I am probably vaping every few minutes for a few puffs, rather than solidly for 5/10 minutes every so often, like you would with a cigarette. When I was using the nicorette inhaler at first, I wasn't using it half as often - but that's probably because it's quite unpleasant.

Is this the same for anyone else? It's probably not good if I'm not really doing anything to break the habit at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

Eoin wrote: »
    As I posted in the parent forum, I've been off the cigarettes for 4 weeks this Saturday, and using my eCig for the last two. And it's been great - I've barely wanted a smoke in that time, which is new for me.

But the thing is that I am probably vaping every few minutes for a few puffs, rather than solidly for 5/10 minutes every so often, like you would with a cigarette. When I was using the nicorette inhaler at first, I wasn't using it half as often - but that's probably because it's quite unpleasant.

Is this the same for anyone else? It's probably not good if I'm not really doing anything to break the habit at all.

The first few days I was vaping a lot. not as much now. To be honest though I don' think they're any use for quitting. More a healthier replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,607 ✭✭✭✭Esel

.... I am probably vaping every few minutes for a few puffs, rather than solidly for 5/10 minutes every so often, like you would with a cigarette.....Is this the same for anyone else?
    Same here.
    It's probably not good if I'm not really doing anything to break the habit at all.
    Better than being on oxygen, though! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

When I started I deliberately tried to copy my smoking routine. Vaping when and ware I normally smoked. After a week or so I thought 'what the hell' and vaped as I wanted. Lost the 'relief' feeling but came to like the flavors more.
    Now I chop and change from ry4 to menthol to pinacolada as i feel like it.

Good luck with the vaping and enjoy it, after all thats why we smoked for so long, any chance of replacing analogs is better if we enjoy the replacement. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Since posting that, I've been using a cart with a much stronger tasting eLiquid, so I'm using it a bit less. Maybe the other stuff was just too mild.

It's early days though; I'll concentrate on not smoking for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

Since posting that, I've been using a cart with a much stronger tasting eLiquid, so I'm using it a bit less. Maybe the other stuff was just too mild.

It's early days though; I'll concentrate on not smoking for the time being.

works for me too, stronger ejuice=less vaping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I've been off analogues since February! and at the start I was trying to fit my vaping around my smoking habit.. after a while I found I was vaping every 10-15 minutes which isnt a problem as my employer hasnt got a problem with it and actually is happy im not nipping out for a smoke every hour!!! I'm using 11mg standard eliquid now and I just use it as I need it ( Which is alot less now ).

I hope to eventually phase it out all together but in my own time... I also never thought I would be in this position after 20+ years of smoking!!! Vaping for me has been a godsend and even when I have had a real cigarette over the last couple of months I have never given in and bought some! as I find vaping is actually nicer :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

You would surprised at how long you would last without vaping, i would have it with me alot of the time but i would also go a few hours without it near me and it does'nt bother me. Though when that hapens and i get back home or whatever i do have a good vaping session :D

After checking my blood pressure last night :eek:, I'm going to be cutting back on frequency of vaping and strength of juice. My systolic BP was noticably elevated, something which I can only attribute to higher levels of nicotine in my system.

I have been vaping fairly frequently at 1.8% (=18mg) - much more frequently than I would have smoked (haven't had an analogue for the last week, btw). From now on, I will be diluting all my juices down to 1.2% (for a start), and reducing vaping frequency.

Not trying to be a scaremonger, but I would advise anyone vaping a lot of higher strength juice to keep a close eye on their blood pressure. I use one of the Aldi/Lidl ones myself. Hypertension (high blood pressure) does not have any symtoms that the average sufferer would notice.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

Esel wrote: »
    After checking my blood pressure last night :eek:, I'm going to be cutting back on frequency of vaping and strength of juice. My systolic BP was noticably elevated, something which I can only attribute to higher levels of nicotine in my system.

I have been vaping fairly frequently at 1.8% (=18mg) - much more frequently than I would have smoked (haven't had an analogue for the last week, btw). From now on, I will be diluting all my juices down to 1.2% (for a start), and reducing vaping frequency.

Not trying to be a scaremonger, but I would advise anyone vaping a lot of higher strength juice to keep a close eye on their blood pressure. I use one of the Aldi/Lidl ones myself. Hypertension (high blood pressure) does not have any symtoms that the average sufferer would notice.

that's a good point. Did you by any chance check your BP whilst smoking normal cigs? They raise BP too I'd love to see the differences - as this is why I'm afraid to recommend the vaper to my aunt.

When you're young is high BP a big deal? I'm 26 so not concerned about heart attack stroke etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭tkavan

couple of links here

and here

• Advertisement

Alopex wrote: »
    Did you by any chance check your BP whilst smoking normal cigs?
    Yes, regularly. That's how I noticed the increase in systolic pressure. The increase was in the order of 20 'points' (mg, I think?). Nicotine causes a temporary increase in blood pressure, so probably not as worrying as an increase from other causes.

I will still be reducing my frequency of vaping and juice strength, though.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement