Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aussie Farm Direct Job

Options
  • 07-09-2011 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'll be heading back to Sydney for a new job in early October and have been offered a job as a sales rep with Aussie Farm Direct, I applied for this job through travelers at work who are normally pretty reliable with job postings. I've used them twice before for work and would recommend them to anyone looking for different types of work in Australia.

The job I've been offered involves taking orders for Australian made dairy products and vegetables, there is a base wage and apparently there is potential to earn a lot of commission as well. My question is does anybody here have any experience with working for these people? Whats the work like and is it easy to earn commission etc.?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Sorry to jump in on your thread, you said you used TAW before. Just wondering is it worth paying the members fee to get regional work or would it be better using harvest trail. Did you get work quickly using the site? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Be wary of any sales jobs - a lot of backpackers get stung for this commission salary etc
    esp cold calling jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭endainoz

Thanks for the replys, travellers at work is a great website for work, especially for farm work. Applied for my first job and got a reply withing minutes. I have a six month membership, and I think it cost around 60 dollars well worth it really.

This job does have commission but it also has a base wage and the fact that they advertise through travellers at work would suggest that they are legitimate not like the sort of scams that seem to be on gumtree all the time. I'm not going to commit to anything just yet. I was just wondering if anybody had experience working for this particular company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I worked for a similar company in Brisbane when I was backpacking. That one was commission only. I found it pretty good. The locals were very open to the idea and keen to place orders. Much easier than any other sales job I've had. You're selling something people are interested in buying! I used to make about 15 sales a day, working from 12 till 7, at your own pace, unsupervised. Gets very repetitive though, like any sales pitch, and you have to be good at taking rejection and occasional crazy person.

This was a few years ago, and door-to-door. Hope you find my experience helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

my boyfriend worked for them for the last few months in sydney. he really liked it and made good money between 800 and 1000 dollars a week. made loads of friends aswell. the base pay is only for two weeks i think its 300 dollars and after that you are just paid on commission. its mostly backpackers that work for them and they usually have nights out together. hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

Again thanks for the replys, glad to get something positive anyways! I think i'll give it a go and see how i get on. I was looking up info on the company and they seem be getting very popular over the last couple of years. I'll post again if I find out anything else thanks guys.

loriexxx wrote: »
    my boyfriend worked for them for the last few months in sydney. he really liked it and made good money between 800 and 1000 dollars a week. made loads of friends aswell. the base pay is only for two weeks i think its 300 dollars and after that you are just paid on commission. its mostly backpackers that work for them and they usually have nights out together. hope this helps :)

just a quick follow up question lorie, was the earnings of 800 - 1000 a week before or after tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

it was after tax.:)

Advertisement