Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is Studying in Australia an option?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi there,

My girlfreind is 25 and living here in Melbourne with me on a a defacto 457 visa long stay Visa.

She is very eager to go back and start studying but we realise that the Fees to here are extremely expensive.

Can someone tell me from experience is there any sort of overseas study grant that she might be eligible for.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I really doubt there is, as one of the big parts of the student visas is that one are able to fund your course yourself, a grant undermines this.

But as I said, I don't know for sure, I'm jsut speculating. Maybe they are some limit number of grants, that people secure then apply for visa (i'm aware that your GF doesn't need a student visa, but the system would be based around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 spanish_sahara

Was thinking that myself. Thanks for the reply though. Anyone else have any experience of studying here in Australia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Was thinking that myself. Thanks for the reply though. Anyone else have any experience of studying here in Australia?

There are definitely scholarships/grants available for postgrad but not sure about undergrad, what is your gf thinking of doing? I'd say it'd be very difficult to get anything for under grad as there's no real motivation for Uni or government to give grants, they generate a lot of their income from international student fees.
    Its worth contacting Unis directly though, to get an idea of options.

Advertisement