Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which shop to but new runners in?

• 07-09-2011 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭

Have a knock and have been advised to change my runners from Lunar Eclipse to some with alot more support,cushioning....
    Have over pronation issues which have(not helping) caused some problems,physio thinks the Lunars are not offering enough for my feet..
    Basically i am in Tipperary so it is either..

John Buckleys in Cork or Amphibian king in Bray,Bray is a mare of a spin tbh.......

Anyone here dealt with John Buckleys as i have seen here that Amphibian King is well regarded,i really need to get the right shoes this time!!!!.........thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 donal123

Amphibian King have a new Galway store now and also have a section in Ballymount if they suit you any better. My mate got his done in Bray and they spent over half an hour with him just making sure they were a good fit and now he's delighted with himself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

There's also The Edge in Cork. I went to their store by the Kinsale Road roundabout on a Saturday morning and had the undivided attention of the staff person for nearly half an hour. He also got a second staff member to look at my gait just to be sure he was seeing it right. The service was great.

I've also been in to Amphibian King in Oranmore but not to buy runners, just to pick up a running top, they seemed to have a good selection of runners available and friendly staff though I couldn't see a treadmill for the gait analysis, then again the treadmill in The Edge wasn't set up the morning I went so they had me run up and down the shop floor a couple of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Amphibian King in Oranmore have a lane marked out diagonally across the store floor. Theres a camera pointing out underneath the desk. Feels a bit cramped as you have to stop before you really get into your stride. They spent a lot of time with me. Tried every pair that was appropriate for my gait and reviewed the footage to see which was pair was best suited and showing me the results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Oranmore is nearly 2.5 hours away,way too far for me tbh....

Was hoping to get good reviews of Buckleys here........

Thanks all for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Menapians

Try Alfie Hales in Waterford they tend to have good stuff if not the can order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

dahat wrote: »
    Was hoping to get good reviews of Buckleys here........
    Thanks all for replying

A couple of good reviews of John Buckleys here from posters

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056090089

Can't say myself as never set foot in the store but some friends have and were very happy with the service.

Advertisement