Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

garage sold petrol contaminated diesel

• 07-09-2011 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Put in a full tank of "diesel" last night, turns out the tank in the patrol station (independent) was contaminated with petrol. Drove 40 miles since filling up. Car sluggish to start this morning and won't restart when hot. It's a 02 vw with a pd engine, What do you reckon injectors and both pumps fecked? And how much to fix? Obviously I'm not going to pay!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

How definite are you that that's what happened?

Have you collected any evidence (fuel samples etc.)? You'll need to act quickly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Sure the small bit of petrol will probably just clean her up for you ;) .

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Sounds more like laundered diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Another good reason to buy a petrol car, diesel is the fuel of Satan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

my dads having the same trouble in his tdci 05 mondeo he filled up in a newly opened local petrol station as the diesel was only 34 cpl, now his car just keeps cutting whilst driving we took it to our mechanic and he did a diagnostics and it came back as injector failure so he told us to put in a bottle of redex and leave it run for a while to see will that clear it as its only 1 injector so fingers crossed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

superfish wrote: »
    my dads having the same trouble in his tdci 05 mondeo he filled up in a newly opened local petrol station as the diesel was only 34 cpl, now his car just keeps cutting whilst driving we took it to our mechanic and he did a diagnostics and it came back as injector failure so he told us to put in a bottle of redex and leave it run for a while to see will that clear it as its only 1 injector so fingers crossed !

Independent or branded station?

Hammertime wrote: »
    Independent or branded station?

its independent a northern fella lol

Torq wrote: »
    Put in a full tank of "diesel" last night, turns out the tank in the patrol station (independent) was contaminated with petrol. Drove 40 miles since filling up. Car sluggish to start this morning and won't restart when hot. It's a 02 vw with a pd engine, What do you reckon injectors and both pumps fecked? And how much to fix? Obviously I'm not going to pay!!

how did you find out the tank had petrol in it ? Its very unusual for this to happen, being an indy site I'd be quite concerned that there's more to it than meets the eye

If you wish you can pm me the station concerned and i may be able to advise how to approach it

its independent a northern fella lol

Go back there asap, tell him you want it sorted or your reporting him to revenue and customs unless he covers the bill.

Again if you want to pm me the station concerned I can advise etc

Hammertime wrote: »
    Go back there asap, tell him you want it sorted or your reporting him to revenue and customs unless he covers the bill.

Again if you want to pm me the station concerned I can advise etc

he cant remember the name of the garage but says its the last garage in glenamaddy co galway, further more he said hes filled up there the past 2 times a full tank each time and he has no receipt

• Advertisement

he cant remember the name of the garage but says its the last garage in glenamaddy co galway, further more he said hes filled up there the past 2 times a full tank each time and he has no receipt

receipt is irrelevant as a lab test will show the blend of fuel will be the same as what the garage is currently selling.

Go back asap, don't let it go, if even to try prevent a hundred other people being victim to it. (providing of course it the reason is dodgy fuel)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Indies tend to have their own mechanics who will make good the damage. Lad in Dundalk had a few cars stop after filling up with him. he got the issues fixed and it was left at that. Moral of the story, if the price is too good to be true, it probably is.

MugMugs wrote: »
    Indies tend to have their own mechanics who will make good the damage. Lad in Dundalk had a few cars stop after filling up with him. he got the issues fixed and it was left at that. Moral of the story, if the price is too good to be true, it DEFINITELY is.

Amen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Heard today this happened sister-in-law of a friend - put diesel in only for it to conk out down the road - garage refusing to admit responsibility. She has the receipt that shows she paid for diesel and has asked to look at CCTV to prove she filled from the right pump - all to no avail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

surely thats a typo

guil wrote: »
    surely thats a typo

1.34 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 patchxx

too many engines wrecked by washed and poor quality diesel. Buy only from reputable suppliers. Keep away from low cost fore courts. It will cost you in the end. Its time the excise people dealt with all these dubious diesel suppliers.

Advertisement