Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone no service

Options
  • 07-09-2011 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi all, I bought an iphone 4 the other day and jailbroke it. Well I went to the 3 store last night and switched my number over but the iphone with the 3 sim in it is saying no service. Does anybody know how to fix this? I've googled it and seen it's a known problem. Is it just that I have to wait for 3 to activate or something? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What firmware is on the phone, sound like the phone is still locked to another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

It's locked to 3 and that's the network I'm trying to use it with. I hope it's not bricked :(

thomasjad wrote: »
    It's locked to 3 and that's the network I'm trying to use it with. I hope it's not bricked :(

Well if it's on 3 then any 3 sim should work on it straight away, no need to Jailbreak it, either the sim you have doesn't work (that has nothing to do with porting your number the temporary 3 number should work).
    Call 3 give them the IMEI and make sure it's not blacklisted (reported stolen).
    Call 1913 and ask customer care to check the IMEI.

Ok I'll do that when I get home but I don't think it's stolen, it came in the box and was brand new. I bought it on adverts and the seller had a good reputation :/

Unless you done something wrong with the jailbreak then, just update it to the latest software and make sure the sim is working. Could be just a glitch. Check the IMEI with 3 to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement

Well turns out a new sim did the trick :)...too bad I updated to 4.3.5 now so can't jailbreak :(...thanks for the help though!!!

thomasjad wrote: »
    Well turns out a new sim did the trick :)...too bad I updated to 4.3.5 now so can't jailbreak :(...thanks for the help though!!!

Don't be 2 upset, There's enough on the phone without Jailbreaking it and iOS5 is just around the corner so you would have had to do away with the Jailbreak anyway if you wanted to update.

Advertisement