Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom music hub not available on my hp touchpad :( why??!

Options
  • 07-09-2011 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Apparently the web OS browser is not supported.

Could one of the Eircom rep's here please talk to the people in control of this and fix this problem ?

Can you comment here thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Apparently the web OS browser is not supported.

Could one of the Eircom rep's here please talk to the people in control of this and fix this problem ?

Can you comment here thank you.

Hi Doirtybirdy,

The eircomMusicHUb is not available on smart devices as yet. We are working on releasing an application. We will post any updates.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Doirtybirdy

Cheers Mark,

The touchpad is a special case though as it's a tablet not a smart phone and it unfortunately uses the same operating system as hp phones (web OS)
    I use it as my main pc now.
    Any ideas as to whether an app will be available for the hp touchpad or is it just going to be android and apple?

Android tablets and ipads can access the eircom music hub through their own browsers you see,they can even have firefox which is also supported.

This is a particular problem for the touchpad.

Cheers Mark,

The touchpad is a special case though as it's a tablet not a smart phone and it unfortunately uses the same operating system as hp phones (web OS)
    I use it as my main pc now.
    Any ideas as to whether an app will be available for the hp touchpad or is it just going to be android and apple?

Android tablets and ipads can access the eircom music hub through their own browsers you see,they can even have firefox which is also supported.

This is a particular problem for the touchpad.

Hi Doirtybirdy,

Both androids and smart phones / devices can not access eircomMUsic hub as yet I got in touuch with MusicHub support and they had advised that the same issue exists for the touchpad as the server can only format correctly via PCs & laptops.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

whats the point in a musichub service that wont work from anything other then a laptop/pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Doirtybirdy

So the hub at present won't work on any tablet Pc like an ipad ?
    The hp touchpad is a tablet pc like the ipad.

Eircom music hub will only work on a laptop or Pc with a tower?

To clarify,thats what they said to you? Thanks :)

I'd have to agree that that is in todays modern world with the way tablets are selling and the music listening age profile using them, a very very very restrictive set up.

Could you communicate that back to those in charge of the music hub service please.
    I'd like to use it and I am an eircom broadband customer :)

• Advertisement

So the hub at present won't work on any tablet Pc like an ipad ?
    The hp touchpad is a tablet pc like the ipad.

Eircom music hub will only work on a laptop or Pc with a tower?

To clarify,thats what they said to you? Thanks :)

I'd have to agree that that is in todays modern world with the way tablets are selling and the music listening age profile using them, a very very very restrictive set up.

Could you communicate that back to those in charge of the music hub service please.
    I'd like to use it and I am an eircom broadband customer :)

Hi Doirtybirdy,

I will pass on the feedback thanks, eircom are currently working on both an app for tablets and smart devices and we hope to have some news by the end of the year :)

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Hi Mark, do you have any update on an Apple or Android app for the Music Hub? It's been over a year since this thread has been updated. Thanks.

Advertisement