Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/Magnet FTTH 150Mb pilot

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    As far as i know Cable Broadband is coming to Cavan Town in 2012. You may wish to contact Smyths Cable and ask whether they will be rolling out 50 or 100mbit product in your area this year??
    OMg ! OMG ! my 12 month contract will be up with eircom by then as well !!!! image_1064137.gif
    l hope such talk isn't considered blasphemous eircom backingout.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I mentioned that by way of pointing out that eircom are likely to take the possibility of competition seriously when formulating their investment plans ....and there is no competition to take seriously until Cable Broadband appears. It is up to you to find out what Smyths are up to.

I would expect digging and cable replacement activities in Cavan by now.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I mentioned that by way of pointing out that eircom are likely to take the possibility of competition seriously when formulating their investment plans ....and there is no competition to take seriously until Cable Broadband appears. It is up to you to find out what Smyths are up to.

I would expect digging and cable replacement activities in Cavan by now.
    l've had a few peeps in the know tell me fiber was put down in cavan as far back as 2004-2005 it was aimed at businesses but there was no up take as it was extremely expensive and things were starting to go sour , if this is true then smyths setting up by the end of the year would be possible , fingers crossed ....tightly....

christ l was just in smyths today and yer man says they are planning to start rolling it out june-july this year offering speeds of 25-30Mb for €25 or so , sounds class , l'd pay the canceling fee to eircom in a second to get that service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Rattchett wrote: »
    Hi, Do You Know If Eircom Plan To Bring Fibre To Lee heights Wexford Any Time Soon ?

Sorry Leon they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi, Do You Know If Eircom Plan To Bring Fibre To Lee heights Wexford Any Time Soon ?

Hi Rattchett,

Thank you for your post.

The wexford exchange is enabled for fibre broadband, however I don't have specific data on exact locations. If you need to find out if Fibre broadband is enabled or due to be implemented in Lee Heights, Wexford, just register your interest and leave your contact details on our Fibre Broadband website.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

You will be contacted by email or phone if fibre broadband is available to you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I Was With Eircom but couldnt afford the payments....because some issues but now can but my services were cut off...if i pay now would eircom swithch my broadband back on ?

Hi Rattchett,

Thanks for post. If you PM me with your phone number (or eircom Account number) I will be able to advise you on your query.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The wexford exchange is enabled for fibre broadband, however I don't have specific data on exact locations. If you need to find out if Fibre broadband is enabled or due to be implemented in Lee Heights, Wexford, just register your interest and leave your contact details on our Fibre Broadband website.

http://www.eircom.net/broadband/fibre/

You will be contacted by email or phone if fibre broadband is available to you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Hi eircom,
    I know fibre is available to me but I have a few questions for clarification before I buy it. I rang 1901 last week and someone was supposed to ring me back but I'm still waiting. I can't see where you can request a call on the link you have given. Can you get someone to contact me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The map says fibre power is available to me but when I put my phone number in it says up to 24mb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

AdamD wrote: »
    The map says fibre power is available to me but when I put my phone number in it says up to 24mb?

Hi AdamD,

I'm not sure the website reflects the availability of fibre across all customers but you can call our fibre sales team on freephone 1800 303 433 and they can check in more detail for you.

Regards

James (Logged in as Mark)

• Advertisement
Advertisement