Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Boiler Service in Tuam area

Options
  • 07-09-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering can anyone recommend someone based in the Tuam area to Service an Oil Boiler?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 48,244 ✭✭✭✭km79

Same question bit Athenry area

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

Same question as OP - if anyone can recommend someone in Dunmore area that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Killed

As above for Mountbellew area please

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

bagels wrote: »
    pm sent

Hi Bagels, can you PM me also, thanks

• Advertisement

LFC Murphy wrote: »

PM sent,
    regds,
    bagels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

km79 wrote: »
    Same question bit Athenry area

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Wow, that's possibly 5/6 customers there. That's a fair ole bit of business potentially going some Trades - ma(e)n's person(s) way, all because of Boards.ie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

What does a service normally cost?

LFC Murphy wrote: »

Did you receive the PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

What does a service normally cost?

Usually from €50 upwards depending on location..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Row wrote: »
    Usually from €50 upwards depending on location..:)

Wow that's cheap, I got quoted €120 on the phone.

RubyGirl wrote: »

:eek::eek:
    They must think the celtic tiger is still around..:)
    €120 is crazy money as theres only around an hours work in servicing
    an oil boiler/burner...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Coincidentally, I am also looking for someone to service our boiler in the Tuam area :)

PM sent to bagels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

RubyGirl wrote: »

:eek::eek:
    They must think the celtic tiger is still around..:)
    €120 is crazy money as theres only around an hours work in servicing
    an oil boiler/burner...:(
    Bare in mind diesel van tools insurance prsi etc,noone ever thinks of these when it it comes to self employed people

Bare in mind diesel van tools insurance prsi etc,noone ever thinks of these when it it comes to self employed people

I see where your coming from but if you serviced say 5 boilers per day and it took 2hrs per boiler (inc travel & diesel) that would work out around €120 X 5 = €600 -€100 diesel = €500.
    All fairness €500 per day is alot more than the average industrial wage..:eek:

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Coincidentally, I am also looking for someone to service our boiler in the Tuam area :)

PM sent to bagels.

PM sent
    Regds
    Bagels

I see where your coming from but if you serviced say 5 boilers per day and it took 2hrs per boiler (inc travel & diesel) that would work out around €120 X 5 = €600 -€100 diesel = €500.
    All fairness €500 per day is alot more than the average industrial wage..:eek:

In all fairness, the above scenario is fiction.

Some boilers may be easily serviced but others might be a bitch and take several hours.
    Neither the plumber nor the customer should want a rush job done.

When a plumber is contracted to service a boiler he is entitled to a fair return for his time & expertise and the customer should receive value for money.

In all fairness, the above scenario is fiction..
    Fiction.....:confused:
    Some boilers may be easily serviced but others might be a bitch and take several hours. .
    I know you have to take the good with the bad...but most are straight forward...:)
    Neither the plumber nor the customer should want a rush job done...
    I agree if a boiler & burner is to be serviced correctly it can take time.
    When a plumber is contracted to service a boiler he is entitled to a fair return for his time & expertise and the customer should receive value for money.

I also agree but most plumbers i know don't like servicing boilers..:confused:

Tbh..servicing a boiler/burner is straight forward...normally the only parts fitted are nozzles/jets that can be got for less than a tenner.

But saying all that to get burners/boilers to run efficiently especially condensing boilers they need to be set up correctly with the aid of a good analyzer....:)

Fiction.....:confused:

I know you have to take the good with the bad...but most are straight forward...:)

I agree if a boiler & burner is to be serviced correctly it can take time.

I also agree but most plumbers i know don't like servicing boilers..:confused:

Tbh..servicing a boiler/burner is straight forward...normally the only parts fitted are nozzles/jets that can be got for less than a tenner.

But saying all that to get burners/boilers to run efficiently especially condensing boilers they need to be set up correctly with the aid of a good analyzer....:)

Fair play, you know your stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 jimmytheface

Most boilers in Ireland were slammed in during the celtic tiger days were it was quantity over quality , very few are actually done to proper specs , believe me I know !! A proper service on a boiler is about 2 hours as most are not serviced regular enough to be "easy" . Standards were set by makers of boilers and they are rarely kept too , hence you have a body like Oftec to ensure standards .

• Registered Users Posts: 24 tom fada

Try www.westerntradesmen.com for a few prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cathleencp

Martin Fahy in Tuam has been doing it for years and does all Galway city and county. Paid him €90 last week. Always use him and seems fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jimmytheface

€90 tad expensive . How long did it take to service the boiler ? Did you get a report and print out of the analysis ?

€90 tad expensive . How long did it take to service the boiler ? Did you get a report and print out of the analysis ?

I'm not knocking the deal Cathleencp got but if Martin gave her a report and print out of the analysis then fair play, he never gave me one.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

No better man than Martin Fahy for plumbing matters, he is about the best in the district, always find he is well recommended.

Stephen Treacy, reliable and cheaper than many of the established businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maisiemcd

Hi there would you be able to Pm these details too. thank so much

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It's actually quite easy to do yourself. A simple google will find all you need to know. Last time, all mine needed was to pull out the photo cell sensor and wipe it clean.
    A full service is definitely worth 50 /70 euro when you take the filth from the 'soot' into consideration though.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement