Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend hairdressers in City Centre

Options
  • 07-09-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

As the title says I'm looking for a recommendation for a hairdressers in town, I've had a few dodgy experiences in the last year in a few places so looking for somewhere new
    Thanks

Just a mod note: Only places you can vouch for please, this isn't the thread to tell people of bad places.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cherry_Angel

Few Suggestions:

Peter Marks Terryland: Much better than town shop, take their time, DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT! (WCB €34/ Student €31)

Hair Soa (beside Kings Head): Never had any bad experiences, bring a photo along and they wont disappoint.

Kulture Kurl: Great for colouring

Bellisimo: If you want a new style, they have great stlists will always suggests new colours, cuts that will suit complexion etc.

Philip Yourelles: STAY AWAY Overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Sianery

I recently went to GQ on Kirwan's Lane... really good prices and I was impressed with the result!

I wouldn't go to Peter Marks again, they never seem to listen to you.

And I've also been to SOA on High Street. Price/cuts ok but I personally wouldn't go back. Found the staff to be rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

I've gone off Peter Marks at the moment, I used always go to Terryland but the last twice they haven't done what I've wanted.

SOA - found them very rude and when i asked for my hair dried straight they dried it wavy and then pulled out the GHD, not what I want from a professional

waw thinking of GQ alright for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's an old merge here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055695506
    but many options are outdated so guess we can use a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

I would avoid Kultur Kurl for colour. It took me ages to fix my colour after they made a balls of it. I went to Niamh in Pink after reading great things about her here and she did a brilliant job. I will definately go back. The
    Polish hairdressers behind the House Hotel is supposed to be very good as well.A lot of the girls in work go there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

There's Prestige above Supermacs. I always found it very easy to get an appt. and they always, always have deals on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Haircare in Galway Shopping Centre - Laurence is a bit of a card. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Told by ladies I know that Danika in Momento is great, New Zealand girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

Barry's Hair Studio, Shop street. Ask for Melissa or Cathal. Melissa is great for colour. They do Student Discount too.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Any good hairdressers that don't cost the earth? I've been going to Zenith, happy with the cut but since i started doing my own colour i notice i get treated like a second class citizen and at €44 a pop i think it's time for a change :D

ETA I see Koztellos have an offer on the deals page - any experiences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

GQ in kirwins lane (buskers brown side entrance). You only pay for what you want. great prices and fab service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

topcat77 wrote: »
    GQ in kirwins lane (buskers brown side entrance). You only pay for what you want. great prices and fab service.
    Just to balance the debate, the girlfriend went to GQ and was very disappointed with the quality and service.

Not city centre but i'm going to try Fringe Benefits in Doughiska - they got good reviews on the old thread and are €36 for medium length cut. Will report back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 birdie81

Just to balance the debate, the girlfriend went to GQ and was very disappointed with the quality and service.

I've booked myself into GQ for next week! Does your girlfriend know the name of the hairdresser? Don't wan't to have the same experience! :eek:

Great experience in Fringe Benefits this afternoon, great cut, free parking and out in @ 35 minutes. The girl who cut my hair knew exactly what to do without 5 million questions and cut it to the perfect length.

They have a welcome pack that will be sent out and every €15 you spend you get a stamp and after 10 stamps you get a €15 voucher. Cut was only €33 - will definitely be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭ingalway

Sassoon on Dominick Street - very reasonable prices and always very happy with the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Hennybug wrote: »
    Great experience in Fringe Benefits this afternoon, great cut, free parking and out in @ 35 minutes. The girl who cut my hair knew exactly what to do without 5 million questions and cut it to the perfect length.

They have a welcome pack that will be sent out and every €15 you spend you get a stamp and after 10 stamps you get a €15 voucher. Cut was only €33 - will definitely be back :)

Snap!

Me too, went and got highlights, restyle and blowdry, cost 104 which compared to my hairdresser in Sligo is pricy but cheaper than most high-street places, doesn't matter though because she done a cracking job, the colour is lovely and the cut is better than what I had envisaged, gonna be getting a welcome pack out too so hopefully I will get some good offers in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 taceistagam

Can anyone reccommend any decent hairdressers around the city for cutting curly hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

You've repeated yourself from 3 months ago!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72828224

Any conflict of interest? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't understand why when people ask for recommendations someone reads it as recommend places not to go to?
    If it's not recommended here by an established user you trust then don't go there. Simples.

Also, a place is just as good as the person cutting that day.
    Remember not to shun a shop for what might have been just a bad day for George/Liza/whoever...

So henceforth in this thread, no anti-recommendations... Only place you can vouch for please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

Renaissance, Merchants Road. Daithi does my colour, Sinead does my cut. Grainne is also unreal but you need to book well in advance! Wouldn't even be tempted by deals from any other place, they are consistently good and work for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Does anyone have any suggestions for somewhere in Salthill or the west side of the city?

I need somewhere handy where it is easy to park. Getting into the city centre and parking is too stressful these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've gone to Peter Mark in town for the last couple of years and have found them good, but I only ever let one particular stylist near my hair so maybe I've just been lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

Can recommend Pink on shop street, Niamh there does an excellent cut, knows exactly what you want. I was looking for years for someone who could cut my hair into a shape that suits me and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else now. 40quid for a wash cut and blow dry is good too and she's quick. Its only a small saloon with herself and another girl so its quite personal and relaxed. Theres a colorist there too Yvonne but dont get my hair colored so can't vouch for her myself but she seems to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

I am going to Galway on Saturday night and i thought I might treat myself to a getting my hair washed and blowdried - was wondering could anyone recommend a good hairdressers in the City. Would rather not pay over €25 for a wash and blowdry.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭sophie4187

Can anyone reccommend any decent hairdressers around the city for cutting curly hair?

i have REALLY curly, thick hair... not ringlets, actual curls... and i was looking for ages. drove to dublin, etc. i went to niamh in pink (galway) last night... she did an AMAZING job. she knew exactly how to thin and layer my hair and wasn't afraid to take some inches off. she listened to what i wanted and gave advice. 40 euro, which is less than i would have paid my old hairdresser, back home in america. not everyone can cut curly hair, and i am very pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

Just wondering which hairdresser people would recommendin Galway for a cut and highlights. Want to treat my girlfriend, as she can't get home to her usual one. Nothing too expensive please...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Spookypixie

Tony & Guy, Leanne for colour and Siobhan for cutting, both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Hey,

Anyone know where Niamh who used to work in Pink Hairdressing on Williams St. has gone - she was there in September but has since departed?

Cheers,

Ari

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

Hi,
    She sent out a text to her customers a couple of weeks ago saying she was moving out to work in the Queen Bee Salon/Irish School of Hairdressing in Liosban. PM me for the number as I believe I can't post it here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement