Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity Wall / Attic Insulation Companies (Navan Area)

Options
  • 07-09-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am getting quotes from the following companies on getting my walls 'pumped' and attic insulation topped up:

Cooper Insulation
    Hometherm
    Snug as a Bug

Has anybody any experiences with either (Good or bad).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I insulated my house (new build) with Cooper insulation. They were the best value and had the job done very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Thanks.

Anybody else? Snug as a Bug are coming in at the best price so I'm probably going to give them the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 schoolhouse

we used coopers for our house,thought they would be very expensive but they were really competitive, cam went they said they would and cleaned up after themselves even though the house was a building site, great comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 29 hoommer

i used hometherm. Very happy with their work and great lads too.
    took about 3hrs and cleaned up after themselves. very noisy job though so if any of your neighbours have babies would be nice to let them know when your getting it done

hoommer wrote: »
    i used hometherm. Very happy with their work and great lads too.
    took about 3hrs and cleaned up after themselves. very noisy job though so if any of your neighbours have babies would be nice to let them know when your getting it done

Thanks. That didn't take long to do. I live in a 4 bed detached 1,700 sq ft and some of my neighbours have had a similar job done. It took the guts of 12hours to complete the job in full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Moanin wrote: »
    Thanks. That didn't take long to do. I live in a 4 bed detached 1,700 sq ft and some of my neighbours have had a similar job done. It took the guts of 12hours to complete the job in full.

I have a 1700 sq ft house as well and am interested in getting this done. What was the cost for everything?

chewed wrote: »
    I have a 1700 sq ft house as well and am interested in getting this done. What was the cost for everything?

Anything from €2,300 to €2,000 varying between the 3 companies. This is to pump all the walls and insulate attics,lag tanks and pipes in attic also. Youi then qualify for €600 grant.

Update on this. I got 'Snug as a Bug' to do the job and I got exactly what the company name says (Highly recommended).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Anyone used Cooper recently? - they came recommended from a builder (harvest energy).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭Pipjam

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Anyone used Cooper recently? - they came recommended from a builder (harvest energy).

I got Copper but think they are too quick and cheap to be true. I'd have worries. They seem to fly through houses from talking to people.

The attic insulation I got consisted of basically throwing rock wool onto the attic floor. It's little wonder they were in and out in no time.

• Advertisement

Sorry to dig up an old thread again, but looking for a good contractor (SEAI approved) to do cavity wall and attic insulation. They have to be SEAI approved so I can apply for the grant.

has anyone got any recommendations over the last few years? I see Snug as a Bug and Cooper mentioned. I'm waiting for Coopers to come back to me with a date, but they're very slow, so not impressed so far!.

Sorry to dig up an old thread again, but looking for a good contractor (SEAI approved) to do cavity wall and attic insulation. They have to be SEAI approved so I can apply for the grant.

has anyone got any recommendations over the last few years? I see Snug as a Bug and Cooper mentioned. I'm waiting for Coopers to come back to me with a date, but they're very slow, so not impressed so far!.

Give Martin in Snug as a Bug a call. He's a pure gent and very professional in his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Chewed,
    We used Warm Walls in Dunboyne a couple of years ago and they were great. We had front walls pumped, external insulation on the other 3 sides & extra attic insulation. Work was done to a first class standard and would fully recommend them.

https://www.warmwallsinsulation.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrsbricolage

Hi chewed, I was wondering if at the end you heard back from Cooper insulation. It is more than a week we are waiting for a date. We don't find them very professional. We had also a quote from eirgreen nice man. But no reviews on the net.
    Who did you go with at the end?

Hi chewed, I was wondering if at the end you heard back from Cooper insulation. It is more than a week we are waiting for a date. We don't find them very professional. We had also a quote from eirgreen nice man. But no reviews on the net.
    Who did you go with at the end?

Hi Mrsbricolage, we never ended up getting it done. We had to get our boiler fixed so went for the grant for this as couldn't afford to do everything at the time. We may look at the insulation next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Snug as a bug don't appear to operate now. Any others in Meath? Cooper's seem to be only gig in town !

😎

Hometherm.

I know of one person who used them and was very happy with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Just had Cooper here this morning pricing up a job, going to get the front red brick our house pumped.

They were quick to respond to email but explained they are very busy so took two weeks to get somebody out to measure up this morning, that's no problem so long as you know how long you have to wait.

Neighbours have had some work done with them and very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭UnhappyCustomer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

€650 for the front of the house to be pumped, not the full front could be pumped, the brick work around the box room is different so they could only do where the redbrick is done.

I think I can feel a bit of difference, sure look for €650 cheap enough to take a punt on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Delboy5

My house is approx. 2500 sq ft house, what kind of cost would this be for me?

Is there a grant available?

Advertisement