Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank identity documents

Options
  • 07-09-2011 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm opening a new bank account, and the new bank has asked me to provide id documents, passport and a recent bank account statement. I have no problem with that, but they've asked me to scan them in and email them. Last a/c I opened, I posted this information off without an issue but for some reason, emailing them makes me a little more nervous. Is there anything on my passport or bank account statement that I should obliterate before sending across the intertubes? I believe stuff like the account nr, sort code and IBAN are fine, and I can't imagine much can be done with a photocopy of my passport, but I'd like to check anyway?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Is this Rabobank?
    They are regulated by the Dutch Central Bank so you have worries there

If it's an Irish branch, don't email anything. Just hand your photocopies to the officer and let them use their internal mail

A photocopy of your passport is no big deal. When I was staying in hotels in Italy, the reception did it for every check in.
    If you start a new job it's possible your employer will want a copy too.
    Don't worry over it

But all the same, I would not email it. Just request their postal address and you can verify it on their website.

Advertisement