Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park with playground - Cherrywood

Options
  • 07-09-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We recently moved into the development right next to the Cherrywood Luas stop. Does anybody know if there is a park, preferably with a playground, where we could take the kid?
    It would have to be within walking distance as we do not own a car.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Yep there is one opposite the Tesco's in Ballybrack! about a 15minute walk I would think..

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Thanks so much, I'll check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Also one in Cabinteely Park about the same distance...

Thanks both for your suggestions. I have to say I'm having the hardest time figuring out where things are, I'm new to the area (and the country!), and I can't seem to find a map, other than Google maps. Hard to take the computer with me and the baby when out on a walk...
    Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

First of all welcome to Ireland.

To start off I would suggest to walk back out to the dual carriageway (N11) and turn left. Keep walking that way and when you come to an Esso garage on your left you will see a gap in the wall that takes you onto a road away from the dual carriageway. This brings you to cabinteely village. The park is just beside the village. There are a number of ways to enter it but just ask anyone in the village. I would say its no more than 20 -25 minutes from cherrywood Luas, there is a good path all the way and you dont have to cross any busy roads. Its a lovely park/playground and you will meet plenty of other parents with babies and buggies there...

good luck..

• Advertisement

Thank you so very much, you are saving us from cabin fever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Tesco's in Ballybrack is easy for you to get too also. Not too sure if you know where it is but here are the directions.

Walk across the bridge over the N11, and continue walking up along the dual carriage way, on the path :D.

When you get to the bus stop here the path stops, just walk left along the path into the housing estate. Take the first right and walk to the top. Tesco's will be across the road.

To get to the park, do not cross the road heading left. Continue up here and you'll see the park itself. In here there is a little play area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

There are also loads of ducks around the river area in Kilbogget field. There are usually loads of children down there feeding them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

MaudL wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is a park, preferably with a playground, where we could take the kid?
    It would have to be within walking distance as we do not own a car.
    Thanks in advance!

Walking distance there is

-Cherrywood Park
    -Loughlinstown Woods
    -Ashlawn Park
    -Kilbogget Park

There's also Shanganagh Park in Shankill, which is about 10 mins on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Tesco's in Ballybrack is easy for you to get too also. Not too sure if you know where it is but here are the directions.

Walk across the bridge over the N11, and continue walking up along the dual carriage way, on the path :D.

When you get to the bus stop here the path stops, just walk left along the path into the housing estate. Take the first right and walk to the top. Tesco's will be across the road.

To get to the park, do not cross the road heading left. Continue up here and you'll see the park itself. In here there is a little play area too.

The 7 bus would drop you from Cherrywood to outside the playground in the park either.

• Advertisement

Thanks everybody!

Advertisement