Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road Less Traveled: IM 2012

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You found me anyway. :) Thanks for the well wishes. It means more than you know.

Did an easy pool swim this evening, 1400m of messing around just to keep my head happy and to remind the muscles how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Okay, so I've activated my cell phone global services starting today....and I've entered RedB's and Oryx's bib numbers in every way possible a multiple of times, and still I receive no confirming text back. So....either I am screwed (and unhappy), or I will be receiving an amazing number of repeat updates on their progress. :(:o

Any way.....more importantly....you guys are going to rock Austria!!! All you have to do is keep it together a few more days and then it's go time! :)

I think you just had to send the bib no within the main body of the text to that no and you were going to receive the updates (allowing for the appropriate int'l dialing codes)-they probably weren't going to send out confirmation texts to everyone :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Best of luck Oryx...we'll have a celebratory drink for you on Sat night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Best of luck this weekend Oryx, should be no problems to you.

have to setup the phone myself to get the updates for you and Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

@ Oryx, I will be tracking the Waterford Crew online on sunday so you might PM me your name so I can track you too.

Best of luck out there on sunday and enjoy yourself, you have all the hard work done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

0184? Go get em i will be watching the updates closely this weekend and will be giving virtual shouts at the screen if you start to drop the pace:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

0184? Go get em i will be watching the updates closely this weekend and will be giving virtual shouts at the screen if you start to drop the pace:)

If 0184 is right then you're not who I thought you were. Wouldn't be the first time thats happened on here though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

The very best of luck Oryx!

A bit like a wedding day, be sure to take the time to enjoy the experience, scenery and human endeavour, because it will be over before you know it.

Final tip: big smile for the finish and make sure the finishing chute is relatively clear, for max enjoyment!

Go get it....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Might go with Real shouts myself.... I guess you will be travelling soon so the very best of luck and bring one home for the hoochies :D

0280. Only one other Irish girl (from Waterford) in my AG, thats probably the other number you mention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Thanks...but still no confirming text back - I assume I should receive a confirming text back, right?

I'll call my cell provider...

But, handangeo, this begs the question: what is your bib number so we can track you too?? And is the other stud RedB?? Need that number as well, or is all this info on another thread that I have overlooked?? :o

1559 is me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Best of luck for the weekend.

With all your hard work and commitment over the last few months you'll fly it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck this weekend Oryx. It's an amazing day. You'll have a blast. The hard work is done so enjoy the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

If 0184 is right then you're not who I thought you were. Wouldn't be the first time thats happened on here though!!
    Oryx wrote: »
    0280. Only one other Irish girl (from Waterford) in my AG, thats probably the other number you mention.

Ah, relief, I was right this time!

Best of luck this Sunday Oryx. An incredible amount of consistent training done here and I really hope it all pays off on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm not going to wish you good luck because you don't need it :D

You've put in monstrous training, you have what appears to be a typically womanly stubborn streak and you're hard as nails, it'll be no problem to you.

Remember, it's your first one, don't forget to enjoy it, as the others have said smile for the cameras at the finish and don't let anyone cross the line with you stealing your glory!! You could also have a dying swan like collapse at the finish to get yourself on the TV coverage if you really want (like some others I could mention :pac:)

I'll be following all 3 boardsies in Austria this weekend with interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

I see the 3 of us are all in the 40-44 age group - theres a real mid life crisis going on here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Best of luck Oryx. You'll be grand, the motorway is built, now to just cruise home!!

Thanks for all the luck. Am in the full throes of taper crazies, so your messages help. They also worry the cr*p out of me, but hey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

griffin100 wrote: »
    You could also have a dying swan like collapse at the finish to get yourself on the TV coverage if you really want (like some others I could mention :pac:)

Hey i genuinely lost the use of my legs when i crossed that finish line.:)

Hey i genuinely lost the use of my legs when i crossed that finish line.:)
    Well, you is a man. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Okay rock goddess....it's just about show time for you. You've put in the hours rehearsing for this big day and now it's time for the lights to go down, the curtain to come up and the spotlight to shine ever so brightly on you....so go on out there and strut your stuff while workin' it like a big girl, cuz if you got it (and boy do you got it), flaunt it!! ;)

cue the music.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgzfAWxx8o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Best of luck Oryx - well done on the training you have hardly missed a session.

I should know - I have been trying to get past you on that damned SBR challenge for months now

catweazle wrote: »
    Best of luck Oryx - well done on the training you have hardly missed a session.

I should know - I have been trying to get past you on that damned SBR challenge for months now
    Off you go now cos after this I will be switching off for a while.

And thanks Dory. You can't keep a good girl down eh? Hows about a bad one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

And thanks Dory. You can't keep a good girl down eh? Hows about a bad one? :)

Work the course like you own it and it will be yours.

The very best to you....and I'm hunting you down in about two weeks. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck Oryx - no doubt all the training, hard work and all those early sessions will pay off. You're a legend for your early sessions, full time work and being a full time mammy. I've become such a lazy sheet lately. :)

Will be thinking of you on Sunday, strangely feeling slightly jealous, think I'll avoid your race report though, the last time I read one of your foreign race reports I ended up registering for the f*cking thing! :D

Enoy it - you deserve to have a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Ben and Jerrys is 3 euro in super valu, in your honour i shall sit on the couch eating it and tracking you;)

I don't think there is any point in wishing you good luck as after the last 6 months of training you've shown a mental strength a lot of us can only dream of.

Just go do it !

RQ, are you still going to travel over in Sept? Havent heard much mention...

And elvis. Youre going to need a LOT of icecream. :p

RQ, are you still going to travel over in Sept? Havent heard much mention...

I have put absolutely zero plans in motion thus far. Purely finances dependant but the intention is that I will be going alright. :)

I looked into the camping thing but William said he wanted a bed of his own and he wouldn't feel safe all exposed in a tent for the night.

But yeah, I should get planning. Only 10 weeks to go. :eek:

Think I might go with the flight and rent a car option. Is that what you did last year?

I tried public transport and taxis, because I am an idiot. It was a complete and utter disaster. If it wasnt for the kindness of strangers I wouldnt have made it. So fly drive is really the only way. Cant rem the name of the place I stayed, some kind of golf club, it was nice, but unfortunately the 3.30 am start meant I didnt get much value from the room! I think the camping would be handy though, and safe, it seemed a safe area.

• Advertisement

You have me looking at accommodation here again now. You'll set me into a panic. Hoping to stay for a few days, it's my birthday on the 9th so might have a few friends coming up/down from other parts of the country - self catering accomm tempts me because I like my home comforts. :)

Advertisement