Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road Less Traveled: IM 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

What time are you aiming for in DCM?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

handangeo wrote: »
    What time are you aiming for in DCM?
    I'm reluctant to say cos I stated my IM target here and missed it by half a day. But my only other marathon was 3.59, so faster than that. :)

Oryx wrote: »
    I'm reluctant to say cos I stated my IM target here and missed it by half a day. But my only other marathon was 3.59, so faster than that. :)

Well we all did that! :rolleyes:

Well I'm going to see how I fare as the weeks progress, I still haven't come back to normal anyway. Slow as fk. :) I don't know yet if I have the potential to get the time I want. Its a big ask. So I'll keep schtum for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Well I'm going to see how I fare as the weeks progress, I still haven't come back to normal anyway. Slow as fk. :) I don't know yet if I have the potential to get the time I want. Its a big ask. So I'll keep schtum for now :)

I don't think you can let the unique elements of Austria stop you from posting a time here:)

One question - you have the endurance from IM, so, assuming you are pushing for a challenging time, would it make sense to prioritize some of the shorter runs to get the speed back?

• Advertisement

Izoard wrote: »
    I don't think you can let the unique elements of Austria stop you from posting a time here:)

One question - you have the endurance from IM, so, assuming you are pushing for a challenging time, would it make sense to prioritize some of the shorter runs to get the speed back?
    I honestly don't know. I've only done this once before, and I didn't bike or swim then. And like you said yesterday, I also have one speed; on or off. Nothing feels normal right now anyway so I'm just gonna suck it and see.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Stop it would ya. 3:30.

Stop it would ya. 3:30.
    Only if you stop moaning about your crap tri times which just happen to be the times I post after THREE YEARS doin this ****. And yeah. I just wanna ogle jb's ar5e all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

And yeah. I just wanna ogle jb's ar5e all the way.

Can you see that low down???? ;):D:p

Only if you stop moaning about your crap tri times which just happen to be the times I post after THREE YEARS doin this ****. And yeah. I just wanna ogle jb's ar5e all the way.

It is going to be tough knocking out 3.30, shuffling on your knees to get a good view...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I could beat all the men in a race and I still wouldn't be happy. Wouldn't pay much attention to my ramblings. :pac:

3:30 anyway...

I could beat all the men in a race and I still wouldn't be happy. Wouldn't pay much attention to my ramblings. :pac:

3:30 anyway...
    No, its not 3.30. Its sub 3.30. Theres a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

No, its not 3.30. Its sub 3.30. Theres a difference.

Wanna race? :)

I'm looking for something to do :D

Thats Smackdown talk guys.......lets be having you so

RedB wrote: »
    Wanna race? :)

I'm looking for something to do :D
    We do everything together, dont we.

Yeah, why not? Of course we need a forfeit for the loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Agree with everything Tunney says for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

And like you said yesterday, I also have one speed; on or off.

You'd really want to fix that by running some shorter distances so. Do a bit of fast running to make marathon pace feel easy :)

Agree with everything Tunney says for a month.
    Already do. Stick with tri long enough and everyone does.

We do everything together, dont we.

Yeah, why not? Of course we need a forfeit for the loser.

Well, not EVERYTHING :rolleyes::D

Ladies choice on a forfeit. Bragging rights will do me :)

RedB wrote: »
    Well, not EVERYTHING :rolleyes::D
    Yes, it is best to clarify that. Or people will talk. :p
    Ladies choice on a forfeit. Bragging rights will do me :)
    I think our compatriots here should choose a suitable forfeit. Evil buggers that they are.

• Advertisement

I think our compatriots here should choose a suitable forfeit. Evil buggers that they are.

Loser cycles home from the marathon...

Not a problem for either of us. Might take a while tho, and be via a few pubs! :p

Now that's the kind of evil Oryx was talking about!

Super suggestion albeit a tad impractical and at least it didn't involve a 3.8km swim as well for the full reverse IM experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Not a problem for either of us. Might take a while tho, and be via a few pubs! :p

Loser buys all ARTers a pint after the race!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I'm thinking more in terms of high heels and lipstick for the loser - and a pic posted!

Dory Dory wrote: »
    I'm thinking more in terms of high heels and lipstick for the loser - and a pic posted!
    I dont know what kind of impression that casts of me. I do scrub up sometimes you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Dory Dory wrote: »

RedB in high heels. Poor guy will be smashing his head off every doorway!! He's like the anti-JB

Not that I'm being cocky or anything, Red, but what shoe size are you again? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I dont know what kind of impression that casts of me. I do scrub up sometimes you know!

But we haven't decided what you'll be doing in those heels and lipstick yet!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Not that I'm being cocky or anything, Red, but what shoe size are you again? ;)

11.5 and you know what they say ;):D

Advertisement