Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nightclub opening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

gimmick wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/pages/The-Roxy-Night-Club-Cork/159555670794104

The Roxy. 1-3 South Main St. Trying to figure out where this is? Is it above The Tanning Salon? Or above the New Yorker Sandwich place? Or is it the old Pumphouse?

Or is the facebook page a joke? There is feck all info on it.

1-3 South Main street is the Classic - I presume this a revamp/refurb of the old Club Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ah.

Whoppeee, another revamped club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Over 23's Thursday to Saturday?? Bloody hell...bit extreme doing it on Thursdays! Looks like I'll be sticking to the pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

Ha, ya over 23s thurs - sat..................that will be closed by new years. It will only be anyway busy on a saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 big zeb

Classic was closed for two weeks recently while they reinforced the dance floor upstairs with huge rsj's, so maybe they're going for the over 23 stone market:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

On a Thurs is a bit extreme but got to respect it for weekends, how many u23's go out on a Friday night anyway majority go out during the week or on a Saturday as this group can usually only afford to go out one night..

From working in pubs as well both college and non college pubs, I can tell you, there is no money in places that leave under21's in... all you end up is serving them one drink and cleaning out their naggins from the toilets...

I would say 23's is a guideline, similar to havanas... its basically 21's but if they said 21's you'd have all the 19's trying to get in so now that its 23's I would say you will find your share off 21-23's in there as well.. if ya get what I mean..

Best of luck to them anyway takes balls to relaunch a place like that and at least it gives more variety which people always scream out for but never seem to appreciate and just keep returning to the boring/same faces/ same music venue that is Havana Browns!!! From what I remember of the classic the lads in there used do good enough drink deals and wasnt to steep on the pocket...

a lot of hot women worked there as well which was always a positive

Advertisement