Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy loose ginger tea in Dublin?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello everyone,

I want buy a present for someone and I know ginger tea is something they're quite fond of. If possible, I'd like it to be loose.

Can anyone please tell me where I can find this in Dublin? And if there's a particularly tasty brand I should be looking for?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I don't know if they'd have exactly what you're looking for, but there's a tea shop on Berkeley Street which would be worth checking. They seem to have every other kind of tea you could think of anyway! It's all loose in jars and you pay by weight. If you're on the southside there's a similar tea shop at the bottom of Camden Street, kind of across from the Bernard Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try get some fresh ginger, about 1" or so, peel it and add to a pot of about 8-10floz of water and simmer it for 5-15 minutes depending on how strong you'd like it.
    Adding lemon zest and honey makes it pretty tasty as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ShallowPockets Lucy

Cheers, guys!

Both options sound great - I think I'll have to investigate each one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

I don't know if they'd have exactly what you're looking for, but there's a tea shop on Berkeley Street which would be worth checking. They seem to have every other kind of tea you could think of anyway! It's all loose in jars and you pay by weight. If you're on the southside there's a similar tea shop at the bottom of Camden Street, kind of across from the Bernard Shaw.

looks like berkely shop is gone !!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 wrestlingdad

i use kingfishertea - google them - best loose leaf tea importers around -i use the ginger in my restaurant - top quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

thanks for that ill have a look this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Clement & Pekoe on South William St, Palais des Thés on Wicklow St & Oolong Flower Power on Stephens St all sell loose leaf teas in every variety and quantity. There's a ginger & lemon tea from Clemont & Pekoe that my wife is addicted to.

Advertisement