Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

account hacked

Options
  • 07-09-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭

Hi hope this is the right place for this my account was accessed illigaly and the email adress was changed over the weekend I have been able to get back control but I need to get the IP that was used to log into my account I have sent 3 messages looking for this info and i have given my contact details in those messages but I have not heard anything back if somebody could get back to me I would apreiciate it

Regards

Derealbadger

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Unfortunately this information can only be obtained by An Garda Síochána or upon receipt of a valid court order.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

IP addresses are only recorded when a post is made. I don't know for certain if an IP address is logged if account details are changed, but I would imagine not.

Either way, as Shield says, that kind of information falls under the Data Protection Act and as such, admins/employees cannot give out that information without Garda intervention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement