Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timber for rustic treehouse

Options
  • 07-09-2011 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

I'm currently building a tree house for my kids in my back garden. I want it to resemble a rustic log cabin but I can't find any suitable timber for the walls. I'm specifically looking for timber planks with the bark left on or irregularly shaped boards. They were quite common a few years back but apparently they usually get mulched now. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

From your location address I see that you are in Wicklow. Have you spoken to any sawmills around the Wicklow area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

wait4me wrote: »
    From your location address I see that you are in Wicklow. Have you spoken to any sawmills around the Wicklow area?

Yep, tried a few and not only did they not have them they couldn't direct me to any timber yard that might.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Theo.Warfield

How rustic do you want cause Im sure you could get some trunks and split them would turn out quite nice , What size lengths are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 willowfarm

hi smiths sawmill in florance court can help you however thats a long way to go, Im sure if you look for a small local sawmill or even look for somebody who does mobil planking failing that contact some tree surgeons they should be able to point you in the right direction

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Rinker wrote: »
    I'm currently building a tree house for my kids in my back garden. I want it to resemble a rustic log cabin but I can't find any suitable timber for the walls. I'm specifically looking for timber planks with the bark left on or irregularly shaped boards. They were quite common a few years back but apparently they usually get mulched now. Does anyone know where I might be able to get this?
    ...........some days later.
    Wany edged boards is what you're after. Pat Staunton in Glenealy will do them for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

slowburner wrote: »
    ...........some days later.
    Wany edged boards is what you're after. Pat Staunton in Glenealy will do them for you.
    Just PMed contact details for Pat to Rinker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Rinker

Thanks for the suggestions and the contact details. I'll post some pics when its finished.

Advertisement