Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interference on line

Options
  • 07-09-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hello

I have an phone line and wireless broadband, the phone is plugged in the hall and the broadband in a room upstairs. When i used the phone with the modem plugged in there is interference on the line and its very hard to hear the person i'm speaking to. If i plug both into the same socket there is no issue.
    is there anything i can do so get rid of this interference and leave them two plugged in seperately?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

ceewa wrote: »
    Hello

I have an phone line and wireless broadband, the phone is plugged in the hall and the broadband in a room upstairs. When i used the phone with the modem plugged in there is interference on the line and its very hard to hear the person i'm speaking to. If i plug both into the same socket there is no issue.
    is there anything i can do so get rid of this interference and leave them two plugged in seperately?

Thanks
    Hi ceewa
    you may require a splitter or filter on phone sockets. The ADSL service is carried as a high-frequency signal on your ordinary phone line. This high-frequency signal is incompatible with your ordinary telephone and so a filter is required to keep the phone and ADSL signal apart.
    If you PM me your line number I can run some tests for you.
    Tony

Advertisement