Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk Talk at "Talk Talk"

Options
  • 07-09-2011 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

550 employees and a meeting this afternoon, can only be bad news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Meeting isn't until 3:30 this afternoon. Mood in here is " dull " to say the least today :(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0907/talktalk.html

Nobody really knows whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

jaysus, fingers crossed for all

Tell the press and don't tell the employees. Fantastic fúcking company we work for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

We all got an email at 12 o' clock saying one of the directors will be presenting us with "an update on strategy to all employees" at half 3.
    Getting a bit frantic but depressing in here. Some are ready to let rip, some are upset, most sensed something like this was coming for a while.

One of the lads found the report on RTE, WLR then pasted it out again.

Still no full confirmation on whats going on, but word going around is that its the exact same email Sligo got before they shut them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Tell the press and don't tell the employees. Fantastic fúcking company we work for.

I only just found out through the radio!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

It may mean something it may mean nothing. All I know is it's not handled correctly and leaving agents sitting around for near on 4 hours is not right.

My stomach is in knots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

As long as the balance sheets of the banks are OK, who cares about meaningful employment?

They have projects lined up here too, and theres a huge company party in england on saturday just as an extra kick in the stones.

Just doesn't add up that they would announce job losses now, but tbh its not as if boards of directors care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Damien Tiernan just tweeted:
    There will be hundreds of job losses announced at Talk Talk this afternoon in Waterford. Talk Talk is reducing its reliance on call centres and the Waterford one was the only non-sterling one in Europe in the company.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Holy crap :-( not looking good for Waterford :-(

I worked down there for 2 years when it was AOL back in the day..

I have a lot of mates that work there....

H

• Advertisement

Until half 3 don't take anything said as confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shanetobin

Daysha wrote: »
    Damien Tiernan just tweeted:

:(

how can the news team know more than the staff at this stage this is a joke or you looking for friends followers on twitter Damien

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

A lot of lads on this forum seem to work there,

I genuinely hope it's not as bad as is being made out.

Definitely a lot of people working here are on boards.

First I thought people were over reacting but seeing it on the RTE website hits home. Its a long wait from now till 3:30

Meeting is being pushed forward. Big projection screen set up here.
    Senior director will be here himself. Head of Operations Dido is going to be live via conference. This place is going down.

Team Managers just came back from meeting to say its pushed forward. Seems to be due to the news hearing it. Anything the media heard at this point is chinese whispers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Fingers crossed for you guys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Best of luck to all the employees out there - used to work there myself and still have good friends working there.

I hope the news isn't as bad as feared, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Best of luck lads. I hope it's not as bad as has been suggested. My cousin just went full-time down there so really hoping the news isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

JObs gone

Gone by October.

"We propose the closure of Waterford with all roles being moved to the UK"

"There will be 30 days for consultation and transition starting tomorrow"

Option to move your role to england IF it is a required role

He seems to be doding around actually saying "We are closing Waterford"

Just keeps saying support is available

Sending us all home for the day.

Wouldn't answer questions. Any questions will be dealt with within the next 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Looks like all the jobs are gone, massive blow to the city and region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Worked there for 8 years. Knew it was a sinking ship a long time ago. Thankfully I'm on illness benefit until I sort my health out. I feel sorry for all the lads in there now who are going to have a wicked time trying to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Know a few people there. Really horrible blow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

Stuck at home... find out by text from one of the girls that my job is gone... great day really!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ah Jesus lads I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully the move abroad option suits some people and is made available to them. It's a massive number of jobs gone in one fell swoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Really sorry to hear this, while i didnt particularly love working there when i did, i have a lot of friends there that now face a big pain in the arse :-(

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Does anyone have the live register rates for Waterford by any chance? It must be sky high at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus christ that is so upsetting to hear. I know a lot of people working out there. Come to think of it half the town works out there :( Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Guys, am so sorry to hear that... :(

Did this news just come out of the blue? My friend is working there years and she never mentioned that anything like this was coming down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Sorry to hear that news folks. Will ye be offered redundancy or just shown the door?

Advertisement