Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk Talk at "Talk Talk"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

KevIRL wrote: »
    There will be all form of clauses around non discclosure for them to sign as part of the redudancy,

Wanna bet?

Disclosures would have been signed at the time of employment standard NDA's as part of the contract. Still, I'd have no problem disclosing what I know about the fuckers since I've been shafted. So long as its not company sensitive in terms of future strategies customer details etc... you're safe enough....
    KevIRL wrote: »
    A shocking offer from a rich and highly profitable company who have handled this whole situation terribly from the outset. And far removed from what Phil Prendergast correctly requested ....... "If the company is to salvage something from the wreckage of this corporate image car crash, it must offer its Waterford workforce exceptional and unprecedented redundancy terms and make a considerable contribution to the community."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/talk-talk-wont-budge-on-staff-redundancy-offers-2886391.html

Like I've said, its exactly the same as what we were offered, especially for the people less than 2 years. We had to take it to the labour court to get 1 month on top of our statutory. Nothing is of shock or surprise here. Terms are very very similar to what we were offered

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

If a disgruntled employee had sensitive knowledge about the company and wanted to leak it they could use the NDA as bum wipe and just put the info on the Internet from a cafe ip address. NDA's are no longer enforceable because of the Internet. Maybe even wikileaks would help out since talk talk were such coxukers!

chelloveks wrote: »
    If a disgruntled employee had sensitive knowledge about the company and wanted to leak it they could use the NDA as bum wipe and just put the info on the Internet from a cafe ip address. NDA's are no longer enforceable because of the Internet. Maybe even wikileaks would help out since talk talk were such coxukers!

Couldn't agree more. Nothing more than they deserve either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

All staff will get a €1,600 ex-gratia payment while team leaders will get another €500.

maybe its just me but I think someones final redundancy payments are there own business and i wouldnt appreciate it if facts and figures were splashed all over the newspapers.

Its ok for the first offer as people can get in all the bad company ****e offers quotes they want, but after that when its concrete terms it should be a private matter for the individual to assess and its bad form on both the Independant and whoever gave the Independant the information in my opinion

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GrainneG79

I think its shocking how team leaders are getting an extra E500 each and no one else is. That wasn't part of the negotations that we were all briefed on. We were told everyone would be treated the same. Everyone. Why the feck should a TL get more than a trainer or an agent or a Realtime analyst?? What happened to equality for all?? Fair play for the extra E1600 for most workers, but if the TLs werent getting a special E2100 each then maybe everyone would get E1700 or E1800.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Maybe if Prendergast kept her attention seeking mouth shut they would have increased it.

What bloody benefit has she been? And this other fat fool smiling to the media the day they announced the closure as if she has one some kind of prize.

Can anyone actually tell me one simple thing that these politicians have changed? One bloody thing.

GrainneG79 wrote: »
    I think its shocking how team leaders are getting an extra E500 each and no one else is. That wasn't part of the negotations that we were all briefed on. We were told everyone would be treated the same. Everyone. Why the feck should a TL get more than a trainer or an agent or a Realtime analyst?? What happened to equality for all?? Fair play for the extra E1600 for most workers, but if the TLs werent getting a special E2100 each then maybe everyone would get E1700 or E1800.

It is shocking of course it is but at the same time you need to remember who everyones dealing with, hence these details should not have been leaked, it should have been left to the individual to either sign or contest tbh, based on whats in front of them not whats in the papers.

Shin

Media999 wrote: »
    Maybe if Prendergast kept her attention seeking mouth shut they would have increased it.

damned if you do damned if you dont it would seem :rolleyes:

Shin

GrainneG79 wrote: »

The staff should have a representative group for the consultation period. We did. In this case, and I agree its unfair, then I would raise this as a point for the consultative meetings that either they additional cash is spread out amongst staff or an explanation as to why this has been granted for TL's only.

If you ask one of your representatives to raise this point, they are obliged to do it regardless of their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Hopefully a few of the guys in Talk Talk might even get some work in Clonmel, fair few came into our place yesterday for interviews.....

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Hopefully a few of the guys in Talk Talk might even get some work in Clonmel, fair few came into our place yesterday for interviews.....

Brgds
    Johnny

Intellicom by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

‎"Special offer for all "Talk Talk Staff"
    Next Saturday 1st October & Sunday 2nd October Waterford Bowl Kidzone would like to invite all the staff from "Talk Talk" Waterford to a complimentary night of activites. From 6pm till 10pm we would like to invite all the staff to enjoy a game of bowling, pool or snooker. We invite you to bring your family's as well so Kidzone will also be available for the smaller kids till 9pm. These two nights are totaly FREE to "Talk Talk" staff. Activites are on a first come first served basis so arrive nice and early.

I wrote a long reply to this but am going to hold off on posting it...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wrote a long reply to this but am going to hold off on posting it...

Do you see some sort of problem with the offer?!

Not really. There's more to it, but decided not to go into it.

On the face of it, it's a great initiative and hopefully a lot of talk talk employees will take advantage of it. :-)

Tbh no one in work new about the Kidzone offer till I sent round mail yesterday, Team Leaders have done the same as well so hopefully staff will take them up on there offer

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

On the face of it, it's a great initiative and hopefully a lot of talk talk employees will take advantage of it. :-)
    What choice do they have?

What choice do they have?

What do you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What do you mean?
    If the jobs are gone, they have no choice but accept what is being offered.

They have no choice but to go and play in a kidzone?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You're not making sense.

So if people's jobs in TalkTalk are gone they must accept the Kidszone offer?
    I suggest you actually read some posts before posting,

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

and heres me thinking id wake up less confused then usual but no a boards.ie poster put paid to that plan

;)

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

...but....but I won't be allowed into the ball pit...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Lads it's only a proposed closure. By definition that means that closure may well not go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Lads it's only a proposed closure. By definition that means that closure may well not go ahead.
    Yes and everyone is only at risk of redundancy. All within the law and all that jazz.

Whoops, yeah forgot about that....still at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I have a choice...... I'm not going. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I have a choice...... I'm not going. :P

Dude, it's part of the terms. Everybody gets a Perfect Card and everybody must attend Kidzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

WOOHOO KIDZONE!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

why is it a bad thing that we are getting free bowling?

• Advertisement

Show me where I said it was a bad thing?

Advertisement