Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk Talk at "Talk Talk"

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

blaa85 wrote: »
    If you don't have anything valuable to add to the thread then don't add it. Although I could quote the last three pages...

Likewise.

Lets keep on topic. PLEASE! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

I've heard that a lot of them have now received jobs with Bioware in Galway. Lucky feckers in Bioware to be opening a call centre with lots of recently unemployed call centre workers.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    I've heard that a lot of them have now received jobs with Bioware in Galway. Lucky feckers in Bioware to be opening a call centre with lots of recently unemployed call centre workers.

I've heard the opposite...that very few have even got interviews with Bioware

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭timefora_J

Some applied for jobs with them but I haven't heard of anyone being successful yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Cabaal wrote: »
    I've heard the opposite...that very few have even got interviews with Bioware

Agreed here alright, i know a few that have progressed through to stage 2 of the interviews, which is the video interview, but havent heard anyone go through to stage 3 yet which is the face to face interview. Im still waiting for a reply to the app i put through but no e-mail as yet and I dont expect to get it, although acknowledgement of the receipt of the application would be nice.

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

shinzon wrote: »
    havent heard anyone go through to stage 3 yet which is the face to face interview.

I know one person who did. But he didn't sign anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

I know one person who did. But he didn't sign anything.

Nice one fingers crossed for him/her :)

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

I stand corrected. Never listening to that source again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

shinzon wrote: »
    Im still waiting for a reply to the app i put through but no e-mail as yet and I dont expect to get it, although acknowledgement of the receipt of the application would be nice.

I have heard of the same happening to a few people. You should contact them to make sure your application went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

So thats it, TalkTalk aka AOL has closed. A community of 600 people split up and cast off to the four winds, some to jobs in other cities in ireland and some abroad, some back to education and some to the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

So when can we spill the beans on the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

But we would never want to do anything to tarnish the good name of the company! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im guessing there shall be much alcamahol flowing then!

So when can we spill the beans on the place?

after the redundancy money is paid into peoples accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Shortt's/Crystal is gonna do some business on the €3 drinks tonight!

Shame Dido didn't make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Lads it's only a proposed closure. By definition that means that closure may well not go ahead.
    Yes and everyone is only at risk of redundancy. All within the law and all that jazz.

Legal mumbo jumbo. They can't legally say that they're closing the site until after the 30 days consultation is over. Its their intention we all know that, but they can only say the decision has been made to close after the consultation.

Be wary of that place. Our old contact center manager now manages the call center there. She is a raging bully on a major power trip. She is ruthless, relentless and walking bastard... I only stuck her for as long as I did because I reported to my boss and she hated her in equal measure. I won't name her publicly, but if anyone wants to know her name if it'll help an application then pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

Be wary of that place. Our old contact center manager now manages the call center there. She is a raging bully on a major power trip. She is ruthless, relentless and walking bastard... I only stuck her for as long as I did because I reported to my boss and she hated her in equal measure. I won't name her publicly, but if anyone wants to know her name if it'll help an application then pm me

I wouldn't let the fact a call center manager may be on a power trip put me off the fact that it is a good paying job in a climate where jobs are not easy to come by.

I think that you would always hear horror stories about bosses no matter where you go. "So an so is on a power trip" "Such an such is a complete asshole". If people let things like that put them off accepting jobs then most likely no one would have a job.

If offered the job in BioWare I'd take it in a heartbeat. But hey thats just my opinion. Other people might let themselves be put off by the reputation of another person.

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I wouldn't let the fact a call center manager may be on a power trip put me off the fact that it is a good paying job in a climate where jobs are not easy to come by.

I think that you would always hear horror stories about bosses no matter where you go. "So an so is on a power trip" "Such an such is a complete asshole". If people let things like that put them off accepting jobs then most likely no one would have a job.

If offered the job in BioWare I'd take it in a heartbeat. But hey thats just my opinion. Other people might let themselves be put off by the reputation of another person.

Gerry Conlon!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blobbyblob

ATTENTION TALK TALK TECHIES: An old buddy from AOL Dublin has been in touch with me in regards to jobs going at his company. They generally do a standard tech test (heavy focus on either networking (netscaler/branch repeater); Windows (XenApp, XenDesktop) or Virtualization (XenServer). They're EMEA support, so any polyglots would have an advantage. It's a decent company, about the size AOL was in Ireland when Waterford opened, and is growing fast. If your looking to move to Dublin, pop me a message and I'll give you his email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

AndyKiely wrote: »

Fair point, and I'm not trying to put anyone off, in fact, I'm offering her name if anyone wants it to help with an application.

She is a bully, who uses bullyboy tactics to get what she wants. She is consistently condescending and belittling. Consolation is that you would have Team leader / Team manager as a buffer between you and her.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The Talk Talk cull of 'onshore' jobs continues. The Northampton site was told today its closing and also workers in Preston were told the site is transferring to an outscoucer. Hope none of the Waterford workers up rooted to the UK and got this news today

KevIRL wrote: »
    The Talk Talk cull of 'onshore' jobs continues. The Northampton site was told today its closing and also workers in Preston were told the site is transferring to an outscoucer. Hope none of the Waterford workers up rooted to the UK and got this news today

I don't think there was too many that chose to go to the uk, I laughed when they asked me. Talktalk are like a text book case of how to run a good company (AOL Broadband) into the ground, better off out of there at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Where are they outsourcing their jobs too.

Finnbar01 wrote: »

Eishtec? The irony..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Did anyone else hear anything about a new company moving into the Talk Talk building?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Finnbar01 wrote: »

The Northampton ones to Manilla apparently. The Preston site is being bought by an outsourcer called Careline and will continue to take TT calls there.

Re Eishtec....Wouldnt rule out TT calls ending up there at some point in the future, a lot of ready trained staff and the TT model seems to be entirely in association with outscource partners now. Stranger things have happened!

The Northampton ones to Manilla apparently. The Preston site is being bought by an outsourcer called Careline and will continue to take TT calls there.

Re Eishtec....Wouldnt rule out TT calls ending up there at some point in the future, a lot of ready trained staff and the TT model seems to be entirely in association with outscource partners now. Stranger things have happened!

So thats why there was a bunch of ex-Waterford staff out in Manila for the last few months. Some sort of irony there I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Did anyone else hear anything about a new company moving into the Talk Talk building?

No just you which means its most likely Bull**** :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I see the old AOL/TalkTalk building was recently sold and today I saw some work going on in there.

Any ideas who's going in?

Advertisement