Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day Of Champions 4! (September 17th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

does anyone have a pad converter for ps3 to xbox? if so can you bring it?

You should pick one up for yourself if you require it.

Anyone who has one is going to need it for themselves, and it's a real bitch at tournaments to hold up everything while people share a converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I believe the rule is "If a character is strong, he's allowed, if he's game breaking he isn't". It sounds like a mechanic is broken for Freddy.

What's the usual rule?

As far as I know, Freddy is completely broken, with a 50-something percent midscreen combo from 1 bar. I think in tournament play, Freddy is always banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I'll be there anyway. Just tested my Xbox there and it all patched/dlced up. So unless a surprise patch comes out tomorrow it is all set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So who wants to team up for SSFIV?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sairus wrote: »
    So who wants to team up for SSFIV?

I think AJ is looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like I will be able to make it after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I still require a teammate!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

So what time does registration close for AE teams?

Just do what most did last time. Pick team mate when ya get there. But still rather average vega player needs team mate too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

LIFETRAP wrote: »
    So what time does registration close for AE teams?

This is the only solid one; 13.10.

ALSO!
    Could some people attending find it in their hearts to bring USB keys with their profiles and DLC on them, as well as whatever game discs you have knocking about just as a precaution if fan and poop meet?

ALSO ALSO!
    People who are brining monitors and consoles, don't forget them! If I pm'd you about them, you're eligible for your discounts (5 off with console, 8 off with monitor, free in for both I believe I said). I reserver the right to turn away excess consoles on the basis that I have not been guaranteed that they will have the DLC or that we lack monitors for them. If monitors do turn up and we wind up using consoles people bring, you will be refunded in relation to the amount discounted, but I wouldn't encourage you to bring your xbox on the off chance you might make a fiver back.

If I did PM you and you wind up forgetting your stuff, you'll either have to contend with a very sad or very very VERY angry Voa. For a clip of angry Voa, go look up that video Doom posted (Doc Doom vs Deadeyedave, MvC3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't know if I can make it now. :( ESB have stuck me with a bill and I'm poorer then previously suspected.

Orim wrote: »
    Don't know if I can make it now. :( ESB have stuck me with a bill and I'm poorer then previously suspected.

We neeeed yooouuuuuuuuu :(

I'll give you a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'll take a partner for AE :(

Xinkai wrote: »
    I'll take a partner for AE :(

Too bad no one loves you eh. . . . .but I'm still free if ya want me

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Fletcher91

I might come for Blazblue and maybe 3S.

I also wouldn't mind entering AE, so if anyone's really strapped for a partner, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I will take a Xbox with AE on stick, MvC3, MK9 and BB, DLC only for AE though. No DLC for the others

Fergus_ wrote: »
    I will take a Xbox with AE on stick, MvC3, MK9 and BB, DLC only for AE though. No DLC for the others
    Not gonna lie, I'ma probably straight up say no to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ok no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

If anyone still needs an AE partner you can just bother me when you see my head wandering exchange aimlessly

Or probably moving the aforementioned "Heavy things" around when I arrive around 12:00

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    If anyone still needs an AE partner you can just bother me when you see my head wandering exchange aimlessly

Or probably moving the aforementioned "Heavy things" around when I arrive around 12:00

Voa wrote: »
    If you have been PM'd about bringing kit in on the day, PLEASE ensure you turn up at 12.40. Anyone else who wants to turn up early is very welcome to, but keep in mind, you will be made help move heavy things around.

What heavy crap will you be moving before we all get there???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

What heavy crap will you be moving before we all get there???

The tables

Seriously, they're really F****** heavy

Yeah but set up is 12.40. No one will be there before that man. Well I'll be having breakfast up the road if ya want to drop in

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dame+St.,+Dublin,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.343777,-6.269178&spn=0.000889,0.002548&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.554089,83.496094&vpsrc=0&t=m&fll=53.344203,-6.265179&fspn=0.000889,0.002548&layer=c&cbll=53.343802,-6.269052&panoid=a4SQd5w3LXtzgHQFPSRLjg&cbp=12,166.03,,0,6.33&z=19

I'll be there from about 11 hopefully. Help me carry an Xbox, fightstick, work uniform, and a 26 inch TV

edit: are we allowed do money/sandwich matches after tournaments to build hype???

What time is this booked from?

Yeah but set up is 12.40. No one will be there before that man. Well I'll be having breakfast up the road if ya want to drop in

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Dame+St.,+Dublin,+Ireland&hl=en&ll=53.343777,-6.269178&spn=0.000889,0.002548&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.554089,83.496094&vpsrc=0&t=m&fll=53.344203,-6.265179&fspn=0.000889,0.002548&layer=c&cbll=53.343802,-6.269052&panoid=a4SQd5w3LXtzgHQFPSRLjg&cbp=12,166.03,,0,6.33&z=19

I'll be there from about 11 hopefully. Help me carry an Xbox, fightstick, work uniform, and a 26 inch TV

edit: are we allowed do money/sandwich matches after tournaments to build hype???
    We're not booked till 12.40, so have fun being in for 11.
    And of course money/sandwhich matches are fine once the bulk of tournaments are over.
    What time is this booked from?
    12.40-20.40.

Cool. Won't be able to stay to the end and can't bring any consoles, but I'll be there.

That was meant to say ill be there for 12. Woops

That was meant to say ill be there for 12. Woops

I'm in the Aztec because the place I was talking about appears to be shut.

I'm heading in now. Too itchy to sit still :p

Poor Joe, getting woken up early :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

GGS

AE Teams
    1st - Kiki/Stevo
    2nd - Gory/Hound
    3rd - Doom/Doyler

Marvel
    1st - Doyler
    2nd - Dark Onion
    3rd - DarkTalant

3rd Strike
    1st - Dreddybajs
    2nd - Chunkis
    3rd - Doom

BlazBlue
    1st - Voa
    2nd - Chueytoo
    3rd - Xinkai

MK was still going when I left, sorry if I got anything wrong there.

Advertisement