Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day Of Champions 4! (September 17th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Did it all finish on time?

Cheers to everyone who brought equipment so the tournaments could run. Cheers to Sinéad for manning (womanning?)the recording desk.
    Cheers to Voa for taking on the responsibility of running this.
    Cheers to Aileen for her supreme patience with Voa and keeping all the brackets up to date and all the tournaments running.
    Cheers to Dave for teaming with me.
    Cheers to Onion and Doom for slagging me off during a match for some choices I made spurring me on to get a perfect the next round.

Roll on the next event.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Cheers Voa for Running the even. Had to go early though. GGs to everyone.

Anyone know the MK9 results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Did it all finish on time?

Cheers to everyone who brought equipment so the tournaments could run. Cheers to Sinéad for manning (womanning?)the recording desk.
    Cheers to Voa for taking on the responsibility of running this.
    Cheers to Aileen for her supreme patience with Voa and keeping all the brackets up to date and all the tournaments running.
    Cheers to Dave for teaming with me.
    Cheers to Onion and Doom for slagging me off during a match for some choices I made spurring me on to get a perfect the next round.

Roll on the next event.

Eh, just about... give or take 10 mins :P

Aye, cheers to everyone who helped out, think the day went pretty good. Twas fun anyway, apart from like, the last hour which felt more like a billion hours long >_> Silly MK and it's one PS3 set up.

Also, I bags stevo for AE teams next time :pac:

The Hound wrote: »
    Cheers Voa for Running the even. Had to go early though. GGs to everyone.

Anyone know the MK9 results?

1. Kuro Tao
    2. Ark Nutrient
    3. 1man3letters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

so...popped my tourny cherry today :)
    nerves was messing up my game plan for the day but it was very fun to have the experience and hopefully next time ill show truly what my mileena can do ;) (instead of me laming up the place with reptile)

anyways now i think its time i drop some respect,
    respect to voa and team for putting this on

respect to doom and team for the recording and the brackets (sorry to the girl running the brackets,im sure i wrecked your head with all the questions)

respect for kuro tao for owning my mileena :o

mad respect to ark beating my reptile with his jc (ill never counter pick u again)

goods game to all i played in whatever game it was in,
    and im sure that mk match i was on the mic with kura and didnt release my mic was off will be fun to listen 2 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

ggs all today, was a good tournament(or 5).
    Gratz to voa and co on the organization, this one went much smoother than the last one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just to point out if I did not come third in a tournament today it doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GGs to everyone and thanks to Voa, and Aileen and Konata and Doom and all those people on the recording yoke/laptop

SEICHUSEN GODANZUKI

Fergus_ wrote: »
    GGs to everyone and thanks to Voa, and Aileen and Konata and Doom and all those people on the recording yoke/laptop

SEICHUSEN GODANZUKI

SEIZON SENRYAKU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I believe I may have left an xbox power cable behind me.

GGs by the way.

Y'all are just lucky I had to leave before my blistering 3S comeback.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »

GGs by the way.

I thikn Joe has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

GGs by the way.

It's in Joes apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs all, cheers and congrats to everyone involved in running the event for making it a great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

It was great fun today guys. Lots of awesome matches. Mad props to everyone that ran and recorded it.

AE playlist for those who like to promote.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL89B3D56A8B9BCF20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

wtfbenson wrote: »
    It was great fun today guys. Lots of awesome matches. Mad props to everyone that ran and recorded it.

He's allowed, he's American.

AE playlist for those who like to promote.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL89B3D56A8B9BCF20

I think some of the videos might be mislabled. The Winner's Final match ends with Stev0 going up to collect his prize money.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL250A74C27D863343

Marvel play list, feel free to share again.

Youtube have gone live with some more stupid obviously untested changes and it's very difficult to order playlists right now, so it's not currently in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Who was the guy who was sleeping during the AE teams final? The lads commentating had to make a jab at me of course when they saw that. :pac:

I think some of the videos might be mislabled. The Winner's Final match ends with Stev0 going up to collect his prize money.

Happens occasionally, people are usually good enough to point it out when it does :

• Advertisement

Good stuff on the videos DooM. Youtube have been steadily making playlists harder to do for years. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Posted the MvC3 playlist on SRK

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mvc3-general-discussion-third-strike.129046/page-98

Will I create a thread in the SRK tourney results or does owmykneecap cover that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Massive, huge, gigantic-360-b thanks to everyone who helped by bringing machines, screens and hype to the tournaments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Great day lads!

Thanks to everyone on the organisational side of things, as well as the recording/commentary crew. Special mention to Voa who self-inflicts stress on himself in a way I don't think many of us would or could.

I'd like to do a write-up of the day, similar in style to the ones I did for last weekends events.

Unfortunately I'm limited by what I can see myself, and what of that I can remember; and DOC has WAAAAAAAAY too much stuff going on for me to be able to take it all in. Also I couldn't stay for the full duration.

So I was wondering if I could get "Notable event" contributions from people via PM. If anything especially cool happened, tell me about it in a couple of quick words, and I'll try and work it all into a big post.

Don't be shy if you're the one who did something cool. If nobody contributes anything it'll just be one big entry discussing Kiki's impressively effortless victory in AE.

Previous examples:
    http://streetfighter.ie/?p=3122
    http://streetfighter.ie/?p=3249

Deadline of midnight Monday for contributions. I'll do the write-up on Tuesday.

Personally, I wonder what yells and shouts of mine people heard/remembered. I think that could almost be an article all to itself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Voa wrote: »
    Personally, I wonder what yells and shouts of mine people heard/remembered. I think that could almost be an article all to itself :rolleyes:

That would be the BEST article!

Best part was when Voa said something about teams being disallowed and the whole room went "oooooooohhhh"

Best part was when Voa said something about teams being disallowed and the whole room went "oooooooohhhh"

Please don't give the whole room credit for my actions!

I bloody well knew it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Thumbs up to Voa & Aileen managing this, Konata & Doom for recording, stev0 for winning me money being the best partner in AE, Xinkai for giving me BB tips I accidentally ignored, Joe for jinxing me into missing overhead->Super, and everyone else I forgot to mention but who showed up & played.

Thumbs down to the hippies who run the Exchange and changed the locks :pac:

Advertisement