Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trustees of Mu

• 07-09-2011 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

My bank statement shows an amount of 117 euros for a company listed as Trustees of Mu. Does not ring any bells with myself or the wife, I called the bank to check and they cant tell me any more.
    Im guessing that the Mu is a contraction of some longer word starting with Mu, eg Munster, Museum, Music....
    Would anybody out there have any idea what company/organisaiton this might be?
    I dont think its anything to do with Munster Rugby for a start as neither of us have any interest in rugby at all and our kids dont do any rugby activities...
    curious...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you did not make the payment the person seeking the payment out of your bank account must present it with an ORIGINATORS reference which is then traceable.

If you do not understand a payment from your bank and think it is suspicious then you can begin the process of a "Chargeback".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

To add to what BB said. If you nor your wife can remember paying that amount for anything, and I think most peope would remember committing to a three figure sum, and think that it may be something dodgy, then speak with your bank again and say that you think it could be dodgy and that you want it investigated as such.

Plus don't hesitate to bring the gardai into things if it is indeed dodgy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Manchester United?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

Muckross House in Killarney? - http://www.muckross-house.ie/trustees.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys
    thanks timesnewroman, I think thats it, my wife was there with her family, this explains it, I guessed, wrongly, it was something to do with Munster rugby, how wrong I was. You are a smartie all right, I tried to google it and never came up with this one!
    thanks, panic over, sorted,
    cheers
    BB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

What can I say, I'm a veritable FONT of knowledge :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What can I say, I'm a veritable FONT of knowledge :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That pun deserves an award! :D Well played, on both counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

That pun deserves an award! :D Well played, on both counts.
    Excellent, full POINTs

Advertisement