Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin on a budget?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My bf is coming over for the weekend and I don't really know where to bring him! Haven't lived in Dublin for a while so a bit lost on this.

Any advice is appreciated!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

IMMA is a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon.

The exhibitions running at the moment are all free as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Museums are free - so Natural History museum, National Gallery, Collins Barracks and Kildare street are all options.

Kilmainham gaol is very cheap for a guided tour, about 3 euro I think? The Jameson distillery tour is about half the price of the Guinness tour too, 8 ish euro.

Take the DART to bray from the city for the views, or go visit Howth and walk to the summit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    The Jameson distillery tour is about half the price of the Guinness tour too, 8 ish euro.
    €13, though you get 10% off for booking online.

The Chester Beatty Library in Dublin Castle is free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Cool Mo D wrote: »
    Museums are free - so Natural History museum, National Gallery, Collins Barracks and Kildare street are all options.

Kilmainham gaol is very cheap for a guided tour, about 3 euro I think? The Jameson distillery tour is about half the price of the Guinness tour too, 8 ish euro.

Take the DART to bray from the city for the views, or go visit Howth and walk to the summit.

Kilmainham Jail is 8 euro I think, a great tour. I've been on it three times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Was in the nation history museum last week and really enjoyed it if you have children they will love it . Going back up to Dublin next week anyone know if the Guinness tour is any good

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Was in the nation history museum last week and really enjoyed it if you have children they will love it . Going back up to Dublin next week anyone know if the Guinness tour is any good

It's not really a tour, you kinda just do your own thing but it is cool pulling your own pint and the 360 bar at the top is pretty cool, some view of Dublin.

Advertisement