Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 07-09-2011 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Are you all using this to give up smoking? I have bought one for that purpose and have got RY4 juice.
    Just wondering how effective you are finding it and is it hard to make the switch over? Did you just switch over completely?
    Sorry for all the questions!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ktala

Shazanne wrote: »
    Are you all using this to give up smoking? I have bought one for that purpose and have got RY4 juice.
    Just wondering how effective you are finding it and is it hard to make the switch over? Did you just switch over completely?

for me the switch over was instantaneous and complete,and don't plan on giving up vaping as i love puffing away.Just love the fact that it's a much less harmful way of smoking.Vape on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

ktala wrote: »
    for me the switch over was instantaneous and complete,and don't plan on giving up vaping as i love puffing away.Just love the fact that it's a much less harmful way of smoking.Vape on :)

Thanks for that - very encouraging! Can I ask which juice you use and if you have any tips for the switch over? Then I can Vape on too!!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've moved these posts to a new thread. Please start a new thread if you have general questions rather than posting in a thread devoted to links to suppliers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

ktala wrote: »

+1

For me, my first ecig was a disposable jobby, 3 for a tenner. With those, there was no way i was going to stop smoking analogs. No throat hit, no vapour...
    As soon as i got an ego-t in my hand, bye, bye analogs...never looked back....

If you have a good ecig that delivers, you're well on the way...imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I can honestly say that there have been maybe 2 times in the last 2 weeks that I've wanted a smoke, and that was for a split-second. I started using a nicotine inhaler at first which was quite unpleasant, but served a basic purpose. I find the eCig quite enjoyable to use, and a very good substitute.

Early days though for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Gryzor wrote: »
    +1

For me, my first ecig was a disposable jobby, 3 for a tenner. With those, there was no way i was going to stop smoking analogs. No throat hit, no vapour...
    As soon as i got an ego-t in my hand, bye, bye analogs...never looked back....

If you have a good ecig that delivers, you're well on the way...imho

What's the eliquid that you use most commonly, Gryzor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Don't be sorry :D
    Not using to give up just seem to have stopped smoking.
    RY4 mmmmm yummie like tobacco but sweet.
    yep switched completely, tho didn't intend to. Thought I'd sort of use the ecig ware I couldn't smoke but found I didn't need to smoke at all.
    Good luck with the change oh an if you find the RY4 a bit sweet try menthol it's a super vape. Lots of other flavors if you hit one you don't like.
    I smoked for 34 years 20 of that on rollies, never thought I'd stop, then again I sort of haven't iyswim. Vaping is so close you don't notice the difference in your head but you do in your body.
    Psychologically it's the same thing, physically it's better (afawk)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Alopex

Forgot to bring mine out the other night so was gonna get a pack of cigs. When I got to the shop the thoughts of paying £3.75 for 10 fegs made me think otherwise. (edit: most of ye are southerners so that would be 9 fecking euro!)

Just bummed a few to keep me going. I'd basically say they're 80% as good as a smoke so the changeover is instantaneous. Though some people prefer them due to the lack of harshness of tobacco.

Like my example, if you have one smoke or drag off a joint you haven't broken an addiction like with other methods of quitting tobacco. For me that's one of the best things about them

Advertisement