Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Certified Professional (CCP™) program

Options
  • 07-09-2011 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know about the Cloud Certified Professional (CCP™) course being run by Dorset College?

Is it industry recognised etc?

Johnny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

I just read the course outline.

It looks to be more of a business course than a technical certification course. But it might help someone who is an IT manager and has to learn more about Cloud or decide if/how to implement it in their company.

But someone with that level of knowledge or experience could probably learn a lot of what's listed by reading stuff on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

I'd be wary enough of this course. It's a certification run by www.cloudschool.com . It might be very good but isn't that widely recognised as a vendor neutral training deliverer and someone looking at your CV and seeing a certification from cloudschool.com (albeit via dorset) might be a little skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Sounds like BS to me. Every time I read Cloud, I insert Internet. Sooo thats a course in how to use the Internet run by the Internet College..

Unless, your going to be doing some serious "Cloud" business like hosting all your servers with Amazon, MS Azure or something like that I don't think its relevant. AND if you are doing something like that then you should already be competent enough to know the in's and out's of cloud.

Get a VMware Design course under your belt, thats far more impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Ask yourself, who is the certification body and what rights/authority/expertise do they have to be issuing certification. In this case I would be very very skeptical.

Advertisement