Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you claim Job seekers while still a registered student?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

A friend of mine is receiving job seekers even though she is registered to a college.We both left the college to do a work year as a part of our degree but we had to pay registration fee's and we are still registered to the college.

Her workplace finished earlier than mine and she is now claiming 4 weeks jobseekers until we go back to college.Is this even possible?I know that she may have family that work in the department and she says that they say it is perfectly legal and she is completely entitled to it.Is this not fraud?My brothers been waiting for jobseekers for the past 8 weeks and had to get a letter of his college to say he was no longer a student.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Since you've already found the the right forum, this is being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement