Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money from Ireland to England

Options
  • 07-09-2011 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I'm going to uni in England and am getting money sent from Ireland probarbly monthly. Whats the best way to do this with minimum charge.

I've heard Ulster bank and Natwest are linked and could take out money by depositing in ulster bank and taking it out by atm in natwest or would having a uk bank account and having money sent to it from and Irish bank account be cheaper?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bwaindead

I was also looking for advice on this issue.. especially from students who have studied in the UK. I'll be getting a grant paid into my Irish bank account and so far, I'm just planning on withdrawing it from the ATM over there every week. However, there'll be charges for changing euro to sterling and also the ATM charges on top of that. It's the whole changing currencies thing that really adds up. Yet if I had a UK bank account I'd also be subject to similar charges too...

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

If you open an account with Currencyfair, you can put EUR into it from Ireland, convert to GBP and then transfer to your UK GBP account with minimum fees and costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

ravima wrote: »
    If you open an account with Currencyfair, you can put EUR into it from Ireland, convert to GBP and then transfer to your UK GBP account with minimum fees and costs.

What is the turnaround time from deposit to showing in an account in that instance?. Ive not used it yet but im thinking of using it soon.

Advertisement