Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Weather for next week

Options
  • 07-09-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

What do our experts predict for the next few days up to the start of Listowel race week on Sunday. Track I'd say wouldn't want a lot more rain and it would be disastrous for the local economy if we last any of the meeting especially in the present recession. Also interested in heraing how much of a problem the ex-Katia Low will cause down here and if any pick up in weather will follow. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Michael, I know the location of Listowel from my one visit to Ireland many years ago; I stayed in a B & B there in fact.

You may want to study your local terrain and facilities and assess what kind of impact 65 or even 75 mph westerly wind gusts could have there, as winds of that intensity may develop Sunday night (after midnight towards 0300h Monday) due to "Katia" and gusts may continue for a good part of Monday morning. At least some of the strong winds will be at night rather than during scheduled events (I presume).

Earlier Sunday there may be some rather blustery southwest winds well in advance of Katia's arrival and a few showers, perhaps becoming heavy after dark on Sunday evening.

If your event can weather this windstorm then the rest of the week starts to look better as time goes on and (not knowing how long the event lasts) the end of the week into the weekend could be very pleasant.

Hope it works out okay and perhaps the storm won't prove as intense as we currently fear it may be.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Hi there, thanks very much for that information. We start on Sunday and hopefully, we finish on next Saturday 17th. Racing takes place approx between 2pm and 6pm each day. Today and yesterday haven't been too bad here so hopefully that will help. Katia is a worry alright but I was thinking (hoping) we wouldn't be too bad down here. Any pickup in conditions after that would be most welcome. :)

Thanks for replying and for your excellent daily forecasts that have become a must read for me.

Advertisement