Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration and BTEA

Options
  • 07-09-2011 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

Anyone here on the Back to Education Allowance and awaiting confirmation that Fee's will be covered?

Registration is the 12th and I'm not sure what Im supposed to do. Im not in a position to pay upfront then have them refunded.:(

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well from reading other threads, it seems if you can prove you have been awarded a grant on registration day, then you should be ok.

I remember before doing exams, a lecture would put up a list of who had been registered and who hadn't been so it's not the end of the world if you can't pay up on the first day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 apachaiclo

i am stuck in a similar situation. i thought that BTEA was going to sort my registration fees for me as i rang months beforehand and was told not to worry about it. but here i am, supposed to be starting in l.i.t monday and the decide to tell me now they were never going to cover it.

if you havent applied for a VLC grant i suggest u go now and do it. i completed the first year of a level 8 course and dropped out, that was 3 years ago so i am hoping i will qualify for a grant to cover my registration fees alone.

if you have a letter confirming you have made an application for a grant and that u are pending approval they can delay the registration fee.

i have decided to pay it up front first and then wait to see if im approved later and get a full refund. if i am not approved for the grant i will have to pay in pieces of the 188 euro that i get on BTEA.

It is a messed up system that i feel is punishing me for a mistakje i made 3 years ago.

i hope everything works out.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

Well lads i myself am going in next monday to reg and i had gone into admissions a week ago to question this as i dont have that kind of money nor have i proof that im getting the grant. the very friendly girl at the desk said that its ok that alot of student are in that situation so all you do is just turn up on reg day and tell them and they will ask you to sign a declaration stating that you will have it paid by the end of october..... which should give either you or the VEC time to sort out the money.

hope this eases your worries lads :)

Advertisement