Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk & VAT

Options
  • 07-09-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello,

I'm want to buy some computer monitors via Amazon.co.uk. I have a limited company which is VAT registered, can I claim back the VAT on these monitors.

Regards.....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Yllonnoc wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm want to buy some computer monitors via Amazon.co.uk. I have a limited company which is VAT registered, can I claim back the VAT on these monitors.

Regards.....

I'm assuming the supplier is UK-based.

If the monitors are for business purposes, you should quote your Irish VAT number (with the prefix "IE"....eg....IE1234567A), telling the supplier that you are VAT-registered and they should not charge you UK VAT. If they insist on charging you VAT....refuse to pay it and ask them to seek the advice of their accountant.

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Yllonnoc

Thanks, yes the monitors are for business use.

I'll try that and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

If you're buying from Amazon.co.uk as opposed to a market place seller, you will find that Amazon are registered for Irish VAT and that is what they will charge that on your purchase. They will give you a VAT invoice and you can claim the VAT credit.

Advertisement