Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saving sent messages in pm

Options
  • 07-09-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Does one have to tick the save in sent messages box every time one wants to save a copy of a pm? or is there a way to save a copy of a message in ones sent box every time. one keeps forgetting to tick it so.....

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

User CP -> private messaging -> tick the box to save a copy in sent messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

tick the box to save a copy in sent messages.

I don't think it stays highlighted though does it?

Does one have to tick the box EVERY time one sends a PM ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It stays ticked until turned off. Don't forget to hit save down at the very bottom of the page though.

Sorry Spear for annoying you - do I have to tick this box every time I want to save a message in my sent items folder or is there somewhere where I can always save sent messages in sent folder?

Cheers in advance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Once you place a tick in the box that says: "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" which can be found at:

User CP > Edit Options (Under the Settings & Options heading) > Private Messenging (which can be found in the Messaging & Notification box)

...then all PMs you send from that point onwards will automatically be saved in your Sent Items.

Click here to be brought to your User CP and ensure there is a tick in the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" box.

• Advertisement

Edit Options (Under the Settings & Options heading)

Ah ha that was the part missing from Spears post.

Thats all good now, thank you both very much. Much appreciated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You're very welcome.

Resolved and closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement