Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help So Confused

Options
  • 07-09-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Mods I am sorry if this is in the wrong forum please move to more appropriate if possible.

Hi all,

Its my sons birthday fast approaching and I have a fantastic lady lined up to bake his cake. We nabbed the idea off an internet site. However for the top of the cake I need to supply a picture, the one on the original is amazing so I am looking for something similar, is there a website that can print these up or how do I do it?

All ideas greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!!

normal_1315369934.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Do you know anyone good with computers OP? its a very simply job in Photoshop to stick someones head on another body

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Hi just in case you don't have photoshop or aren't very good using software here's a simple way to do it using paint.

1.google and find the cartoon picture you like.
    2.right click the cartoon picture and select copy.
    3.open paint,make sure the select button is pressed and right click to press paste.
    4.find a picture(eg .jpg,png) of your son and open it by double clicking.
    5.press the print screen button on your keyboard while your son's picture is open.
    6.open a second paint window and right click to press paste,a screenshot of your son's picture now appears.
    7.click paint's select button and simply drag the cursor over your son's picture and right click to press copy
    8.go back to the first paint window of the cartoon and right click to press paste.Move the pasted image to where you want it and you're done
    (if the pasted image comes out pixelated you can resize the original picture by clicking paint's resize button and keep halving the values).

Sry if ive put the steps in too much detail.i'm not trying to be patronizing it's just impossible for me to know what level your computer skills are at.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Is that an ordinary photo or one of the edible prints?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'd say it's a normal photo, edible ones generally don't shine like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Hi ya.
    You can ask sombody who has a PC to print off a photo of your son. All you have to do is to place the printed photo on the cake, trouble is that you will have to remove the picture when you are lighting candles or cutting the cake. On the other hand most established bakeries have a facility to print edible photos for birthday cakes. You contact them and sus them out, best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement