Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venetian blind cord problem

• 07-09-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

A set of blinds I have has a weird problem with the cord that's used to open/close the blinds (one that moves them up and down is fine). One end is really long and the other really short with the effect that the blinds only close one way (there's not enough length in the shorter end for it to do a full rotation both ways) and when they're closed the other end of the cord goes right up to the top of the blind so its hard to reach when opening again.

I'm not sure how it got into that state (was like that when I moved in) but would anyone know how to fix it (if anyone can understand the problem :p)? Basically I'm looking to adjust it so that both lengths of the cord are more even.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Just keep pulling the short end of the cord down until both are more or less the same length. The blinds will be fully tilted at some stage as you do this but it should work once you don't force it too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MickeyD

Thanks. Required a bit more force than I thought would safe but they're working perfectly now!

Advertisement