Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where I can get Xenoblade Chronicles?

Options
  • 07-09-2011 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Both shops within a reasonable drive of me have none. Online retailers have messages up either saying it's sold out or will be shipped within a month or something like that, so I'm guessing that means they're also sold out.

Anyone know where this can be bought?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems you are out of luck all the online sites are sold out as well:

http://www.gamestracker.com/buy-xenoblade-chronicles-compare-prices-wii.htm

What I'd do is order it fro one of them. The demand for the game has surprised Nintendo and they didn't realise how much demand there was for the game so only printed a few copies. Some places didn't have enough to cover their pre-orders. So don't worry, nintendo will almost certainly print a new batch. You might be waiting a week or two though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually you might want to try amazon.fr or amazon.de. They have copies but just make sure first if the german or french versions are in english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

€58 on Amazon.de :(

I think I'll wait until it's back in stock in other places, that's too expensive. Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Game seem to have shedloads of copies in Dublin anyway. 50 euro though, which I ain't paying when other shops had it a tenner cheaper. Will wait for the second batch to show up!

Is that Game on Nassau St.? Will be in Dublin at the weekend, might just bite the bullet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Game seem to have shedloads of copies in Dublin anyway. 50 euro though, which I ain't paying when other shops had it a tenner cheaper. Will wait for the second batch to show up!

Another reason i envy dublin , was bout 5 copies in galway all special edition :(

Another reason i envy dublin , was bout 5 copies in galway all special edition :(

Gamestop in Letterkenny got 1 copy. They got 2 copies of Deus Ex: HR for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

It's back in stock everywhere online. Snap it up quickly though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Worth getting?

If I was to get it should I look for limited edition considering I don't have a classic controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A controller is essential, if you don't already have one you need one to play Xenoblade. Playing with the Wiimote is just frustrating. If you can get the limited edition, you should.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How so, SF? My copy just shipped this morning, and I don't have a classic controller. Why do I need one?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's just so clunky and messy using a Wiimote. The C-button + d-pad moves the camera, which you're always tinkering with, and for a game that you'll probably play for hours at a sitting, using the Wiimote is just draining I found.

Having said that, Xenoblade is the first Wii game I've played in about six months so it might just be that I was rusty using the Wiimote, but once I got a controller, I found I was enjoying it much more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing with the Wii remote, and it's fine. As super furry said, it's a bit awkward with the c cutton controlling the camera, but it's not that bad. 35+ hours in and it's not really bothered me. Probably is easier with a classic controller though.

Just had a quick look online and i can get the game for 28 pounds but to get the limited edition, the cheapest I can find it is 56 2nd hand or 88 new!?

Fup that, will get normal copy and buy a controler instead

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's definitely worth getting anyway. Theres a thread in the JRPG forum talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/20729031/-/Product.html

Play have it for €37.49 and it's in stock too. Could be 10 days by the time you get it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Have heard NoE are doing a second (BIGGER)run of this game with a lot more copies for people. They didnt think it was going to sell as well as it has, so if you can hold out for a little while you can get a copy in your local shop before xmas.

penev10 wrote: »
    http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/20729031/-/Product.html

Play have it for €37.49 and it's in stock too. Could be 10 days by the time you get it though

I had it pre ordered from play.com, it got lost in the post. Won't be buying from there again most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

amazon said they sent the game few days ago :D assuming the stock is back!

Sendit dispatched it today :D

looking forward to this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ordered from Play.com yesterday, says it's been posted today. Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Play said it was posted for me on friday. I hope it arrives soon...

Finally got my hands on it. It's alright so far, hasn't blown me away or anything. The battle system seems good enough. Very early in the game though.

Advertisement