Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

• 07-09-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭

The beta for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is available now on the PSN Store. That is a nice surprise. I hadn't read anywhere that this was going to be on the store. Looking forward to seeing how it plays. I'm a big fan of the Ratchet games and also love playing co-op platformers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

My ps+ sub ran out yesterday and I only noticed when it would not let me download the demo :o , love the Ratchet and Clank games and would have loved to try this one out last night.

What was the demo like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Clover wrote: »
    My ps+ sub ran out yesterday and I only noticed when it would not let me download the demo :o , love the Ratchet and Clank games and would have loved to try this one out last night.

What was the demo like?

Haven't had a chance to play it myself yet. I blame Deus Ex.

Will play it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I was playing this last night with a friend in local co-op. Very near the end a random third player joined us as Captain Qwark and there was no lag at all. Everything ran very smoothly.

I'm disappointed to say but after playing the demo it has removed any interest I had in getting the game. I've been a big fan of the series on PS3, even getting the Platinum in A Crack in Time. But this game really changes up the way it plays and not for the better in my opinion. It was hard to make out where your character is at all times on the screen. Especially playing as Clank, his colour scheme made him get lost in the scenery way too easily. Also in the demo level there wasn't a lot of co-operative moments, just simple stuff like hitting an object at the same time.

Maybe it is just the demo but the graphics looked scaled back a lot from the other games. The view is pulled back a lot and the characters are very small on screen. I know that is so you can see everyone at the same time but it looks less impressive than past games. Overall I'm very disappointed with it.

Advertisement